Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,031 of 8,143
So very tempted but nah. Not until some testers have a final version. I'm confident it will be good though.

It certainly has great promise.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #3,032 of 8,143
Any one in on the Kickstarter for Hidizs AP200?

Nah.
I will soon buy the Cayin N3, for that is the best entry level DAP as far as I know, and I might be tempted to buy some cheap other DAPs just for fun but that's it.
I already have the AP60 and I'm quite happy with that one.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #3,033 of 8,143
Nah.
I will soon buy the Cayin N3, for that is the best entry level DAP as far as I know.

the Shanling M2s is right up there with the N3

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,034 of 8,143
Nah.
I will soon buy the Cayin N3, for that is the best entry level DAP as far as I know, and I might be tempted to buy some cheap other DAPs just for fun but that's it.
I already have the AP60 and I'm quite happy with that one.

Absolutely love my N3.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,035 of 8,143
I just ordered the Ruizu A50 for £45 from a seller on Ebay using Paypal. Hope the seller is ok...
Looking forward to having something small and simple to just put in my pocket for in the house and garden or out and about. I love my other DAPS and of course will continue to use them but I think this one will fill a need. Will let you know when I get it...

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #3,036 of 8,143
I just ordered the Ruizu A50 for £45 from a seller on Ebay using Paypal. Hope the seller is ok...
Looking forward to having something small and simple to just put in my pocket for in the house and garden or out and about. I love my other DAPS and of course will continue to use them but I think this one will fill a need. Will let you know when I get it...
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I'm enjoying mine so far.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,037 of 8,143
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I'm enjoying mine so far.

Will you be writing a review? I could not find any so I just took a chance. I didn't even think to check if it is gapless... is it? I play full albums and gapless is important for many of them.

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #3,039 of 8,143
I have a confirmation email from Penon that they have my order for the Ruizu A50.... so the wait begins...

Editing to say that I received a shipping notification this morning. Estimated delivery: Tue. Jul. 25 - Thu. Aug. 10... my birthday is the 25th... would be cool if they arrive by then!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3,041 of 8,143
I have a confirmation email from Penon that they have my order for the Ruizu A50.... so the wait begins...

Editing to say that I received a shipping notification this morning. Estimated delivery: Tue. Jul. 25 - Thu. Aug. 10... my birthday is the 25th... would be cool if they arrive by then!

Hope you get it by your birthday and I hope that you'll have lots of fun with it! :darthsmile:

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #3,042 of 8,143
Answer on the previous page ))

I also look forward to the review on RUIZU A50 from crabdog.
I hate to keep everyone waiting but I have to finish a couple of other reviews first. Still shouldn't be too much longer.

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #3,043 of 8,143
I hate to keep everyone waiting but I have to finish a couple of other reviews first. Still shouldn't be too much longer.

Don't feel rushed. I hope you enjoy writing reviews... that it is not a chore. I really only would like to know one thing right now...so I will know what to expect when mine comes. Does it do gapless play and if not, might there be firmware updates? Do these little "obscure" daps usually get updates?

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,044 of 8,143
Don't feel rushed. I hope you enjoy writing reviews... that it is not a chore. I really only would like to know one thing right now...so I will know what to expect when mine comes. Does it do gapless play and if not, might there be firmware updates? Do these little "obscure" daps usually get updates?
At the moment there is no gapless support. RUIZU have already done a couple of firmware updates so I'm sure if the hardware is capable then they will implement that in the future. It's a pity you ordered already if that feature is important to you otherwise I would have suggested the Benjie T6 because its gapless implementation works really well!

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #3,045 of 8,143
At the moment there is no gapless support. RUIZU have already done a couple of firmware updates so I'm sure if the hardware is capable then they will implement that in the future. It's a pity you ordered already if that feature is important to you otherwise I would have suggested the Benjie T6 because its gapless implementation works really well!

It is probably less important for the use it will have. On the go,I don't really listen to the types of albums that require gapless but still... I do hope they implement it. Is that something that some hardware cannot do? They never did fix it on the xDuoo x3 but fortunately Rockbox took care of it. I didn't really know about the Benjie. This Ruizu is soooooo cute... Maybe when my daughter visits next year she can have it if they never fix the gapless and it bothers me. She wouldn't care... she would just shuffle pop and hip hop songs. Either way I will have fun playing with it...at a fraction of the cost of my Opus #1 which is my main player now. Just too heavy for a pocket.

Thanks for your quick reply. I would rather know than to wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back