oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
May 14, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #136 of 498
Shall we try this with the EAMT-3a, @PhilW? Which source would you like to send out with headphones? Which tracks should be loaded onto the source? I think this might be a worthwile experiment.

Are you trying to send my EAMT3a on tour? That means I won't be able to listen to them :'(

Yeah sure, let's sort something out. I have two demo's on them today....let's see the feedback from today's listeners. They going up against Shure SE846 and IE800 today.

ATB

May 14, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #137 of 498

Shall we try this with the EAMT-3a, @PhilW? Which source would you like to send out with headphones? Which tracks should be loaded onto the source? I think this might be a worthwile experiment.

Are you trying to send my EAMT3a on tour? That means I won't be able to listen to them :'(

Yeah sure, let's sort something out. I have two demo's on them today....let's see the feedback from today's listeners. They going up against Shure SE846 and IE800 today.

ATB

Have you traded in the 3w for the 3a? I wouldn't want to deny you your joy. :wink: The ERIB-2a seems most polarizing at this point, and headphones with less fit issues might be better for such an experiment.  I just want to hear those EAMT-3a. I do think that depth of insertion is a likely confounder, insert too far and I think these get a bit more muddled. I've heard two different ERIB-2a, so I know this isn't a QC issue. The ERIB-2a both sounded the same.

ksc75smile.gif

May 14, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #138 of 498
  Have you traded in the 3w for the 3a? I wouldn't want to deny you your joy. :wink: The ERIB-2a seems most polarizing at this point, and headphones with less fit issues might be better for such an experiment.  I just want to hear those EAMT-3a. I do think that depth of insertion is a likely confounder, insert too far and I think these get a bit more muddled. I've heard two different ERIB-2a, so I know this isn't a QC issue. The ERIB-2a both sounded the same.

ksc75smile.gif

No, I have the 3a and 3w in store now. However I have the 3a permanently attached to my ears right now with the AR M2 + Secret Weapon haha. Wow, I think it's very likely insertion to be honest. It can ruin these earphones...even with silicone ear tips.

Regards 

May 14, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #139 of 498
Me, I think there could be a V2 of them, with a higher grade / better tuned dynamic driver... That would sort out my issues.

May 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #140 of 498
Well, I just sold a EAMT3a AND EAMT3w to different people, having heard Encore, 846 and IE800 alongside the two oBravo the customers were pretty happy. Listening from iPhone to Mojo and Astell&Kern AK380+Amp.

Now ill have to order some more so I have a tour sample of EAMT3a and i'll get it into circulation if anyone is up for it?

Regards

May 14, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #141 of 498
  Well, I just sold a EAMT3a AND EAMT3w to different people, having heard Encore, 846 and IE800 alongside the two oBravo the customers were pretty happy. Listening from iPhone to Mojo and Astell&Kern AK380+Amp.

Now ill have to order some more so I have a tour sample of EAMT3a and i'll get it into circulation if anyone is up for it?

Regards

May 14, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #142 of 498
Would be interesting to hear the difference going further up the bloodline...

May 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #144 of 498
is that you nominating yourself into this tour mate?
well, would be interesting... There was definitely lots to like on the unit from the first tour, just the couple of stumbling blocks I discussed with you, if they're fixed, I'm pretty much sold haha

May 15, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #146 of 498
I shall see if Eu Jong has any time to organise.

All the best

Seems good. Academic obligations end after this week so I think it should be fine. As long as you're willing to part with your baby for more than a while.
evil_smiley.gif

May 23, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #148 of 498

There is a cheaper fixed lead planar hybrid due soon. Ideal for those wanting to experience the benefit of planar without spending the earth.
The question with those will be the bass. The ERIB-2A was enough for me, but reduction from there would be negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back