oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
May 31, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #286 of 498
That is a nice cable, like the Ted's silver litz cable. May i ask where you get the oBravo mmcx connector for this cable, like to modify one spare cable i have at home. And thanks for you comment of my review at earphonia.com of the eamt-1c and the lab ii. Out of the Hugo i have the same feeling, excellent technical presentation but a nice class a or tube amp adds a tad warmth and musicality, perfekt for me. But as you sad, more transportable as portable. The pairing wiht the Mojo is the only small setup that i like. That's one thing i really like a lot with the lab ii, they are super easy to drive.
I contacted David Teng directly (I believe I got the emal address from their website) and he sent me two pair of the mmcx connectors. Very nice man, and he took time to thoughtfully answer several questions I had about the Obravo's. I really do wish they had used standard mmcx connectors. It would make cable rolling a lot easier!

Your review was a great! Well written and good information!

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #288 of 498
Given the EAMT's are semi open do they offer a similar fatigue free listen to the Adel tech used by Empire Ears and Apex by 64 Audio. Since getting my Empire Ears Zeus XR Adel I will not be purchasing another pair of iem's ever that create a vaccume seal. I am interested in these but only if the holes in the back (semi open element) create a similar fatigue/vaccume free listening expereince to Adel/Apex.

thanks.

I don't have experience with EAMT, but figured it will be similar to ERIB1C which I have tested. Comparing semi-open ERIB/EAMT to Zeus XRA or U12/U18, all of which I have access to, will be very subjective. For example, in my case I need to use the largest eartips because my earcanal opening is pretty wide and I need to seal it for the best bass response :wink: Thus with majority of iems I do get this vacuum seal/pressure, and in some cases with dynamic drivers I even end up with a driver flex. With ERIB I felt like I was listening to an open back headphones, similar to how I felt with Zeus and 64audio iems using adel/apex modules. The sound is more open, more expanded, and less fatigued.

May 31, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #289 of 498
I don't have experience with EAMT, but figured it will be similar to ERIB1C which I have tested. Comparing semi-open ERIB/EAMT to Zeus XRA or U12/U18, all of which I have access to, will be very subjective. For example, in my case I need to use the largest eartips because my earcanal opening is pretty wide and I need to seal it for the best bass response :wink: Thus with majority of iems I do get this vacuum seal/pressure, and in some cases with dynamic drivers I even end up with a driver flex. With ERIB I felt like I was listening to an open back headphones, similar to how I felt with Zeus and 64audio iems using adel/apex modules. The sound is more open, more expanded, and less fatigued.

Thankyou for this feedback, I am certainly interested in getting a hold of the EAMT-1c/1a at some stage then.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #290 of 498
Willing to trade my mint Final Lab II for an Obravo EAMT1-c/a if anyone is keen. I have an advert up, or you can PM me. Cheers.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #294 of 498
But is it worth its asking price :ksc75smile: ?
You have to ask yourself if any of this TOTL stuff is! Probably not to most people, but if you can afford it............

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #295 of 498
You have to ask yourself if any of this TOTL stuff is! Probably not to most people, but if you can afford it............

Well, I can, but my personal comfort zone ends at around two times less, which is roughly $1'500 for a pair of IEMs/CIEMs. Still, it's good to know what's going on these days. I have nothing against reading about very expensive stuff :beyersmile:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #296 of 498
Well, I can, but my personal comfort zone ends at around two times less, which is roughly $1'500 for a pair of IEMs/CIEMs. Still, it's good to know what's going on these days. I have nothing against reading about very expensive stuff :beyersmile:
Ideally you need to start at their TOTL Planar, ERIB1x :) Will get you into oBravo much cheaper whilst also relieving you of the itch to own one of their IEMs

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #297 of 498
Yeah, I get that! Honestly, for me, any equipment purchase over $1,000 usually gives me a stomach ache and short term buyer's remorse, especially since I've bought so much stuff with no personal auditions. I've always been happy after the fact, but it is kind of difficult to recommend such purchases to others, laws of diminishing returns and personal taste being so different for everyone!

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #298 of 498
It's pretty good :D
Are the white (translucent) tips with the spiral ribs running through them the "voodoo" tips? As I am more comfortable with fitting the EAMT's in my ear, I see these work quite well and produce an excellent sq.

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #299 of 498
Are the white (translucent) tips with the spiral ribs running through them the "voodoo" tips? As I am more comfortable with fitting the EAMT's in my ear, I see these work quite well and produce an excellent sq.
They are them. I find these to be excellent with eamt1. Comply adds too much bass and loses the quality of that exceptional amt driver

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #300 of 498
Yeah, I get that! Honestly, for me, any equipment purchase over $1,000 usually gives me a stomach ache and short term buyer's remorse, especially since I've bought so much stuff with no personal auditions. I've always been happy after the fact, but it is kind of difficult to recommend such purchases to others, laws of diminishing returns and personal taste being so different for everyone!

I have the EAMT-3A, they woth every cent of their $2399.

Technically they are way above the Layla, Vega and KSE1500 and are on par with the TIA Fourte (in despite of the very few minutes of experience that I have with the TIA), but they look weird, delicate and requires a very good dac/amp to sing.

Out of your midfi dap and smartphone they will sound good but not great as you would expect, they must be paired with the right sources. I don't feel that they are genre dependant because they perform well with everything from Classical to dubstep. I just can't wait to hear the flagship EAMT-1C, I have no doubts that they worth well their $4600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back