oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Jul 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #316 of 498
looks good the silver dragon cable. i like to hunt for good audio cables since years which i need for my diy gear i made from time to time. the good thing is that a fine cable don't need to be expensive when you can do it for yourself and have time to try different types. i use a acrolink (japan) cable at the moment (cu/ag or ag) for the eamt-1c http://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/585846110/TB22tQXabWJ.eBjSspdXXXiXFXa_!!585846110.jpg you find these cable easy via ali... or the bay for cheap, worth a try :)

Nice work. Those are really good looking connectors. And that is the slimmest braided cable I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #317 of 498
I have had many calls for people wanting to hear what a Planar Magnetic in ear sounds like but not wishing to jump straight in. We have introduced a pre-order for the slightly cheaper ERIB5a which offers a slight decrease in bass performance. This should be great for getting started with your oBravo collection.

Custom-Cable | oBravo ERIB-5a Planar Magnetic Earphones |
How about having a set available in your showroom for people to come by and demo?

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #318 of 498
How about having a set available in your showroom for people to come by and demo?

I'm waiting to hear the famous "0" too :)

But I don't think that a few minutes in a noisy environment can do them justice, as this kind of beats needs a proper setup in an isolated room such as the Sennheiser HE-1 or Shangrila.

On first listen, it took me about a few seconds to realize what I'm hearing, the Obravos are the first pair of iems that brings up a total immersion on Pink Floyd's DSOTM, I can hear new details that I never heard on any pair of iems, including the KSE1500 and JH Layla. The soundtstage on this thing is 360, I can sometimes hear background voices coming from a lateral position as if they were hidden behind my shoulder. All albums will sound like "binaural" even if they aren't, there's definitely some kind of magic that you won't find elsewhere. I wish that you can have this kind of experience and in your place I would fight for a demo session at the earliest :)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #319 of 498
I'm waiting to hear the famous "0" too :)

But I don't think that a few minutes in a noisy environment can do them justice, as this kind of beats needs a proper setup in an isolated room such as the Sennheiser HE-1 or Shangrila.

On first listen, it took me about a few seconds to realize what I'm hearing, the Obravos are the first pair of iems that brings up a total immersion on Pink Floyd's DSOTM, I can hear new details that I never heard on any pair of iems, including the KSE1500 and JH Layla. The soundtstage on this thing is 360, I can sometimes hear background voices coming from a lateral position as if they were hidden behind my shoulder. All albums will sound like "binaural" even if they aren't, there's definitely some kind of magic that you won't find elsewhere. I wish that you can have this kind of experience and in your place I would fight for a demo session at the earliest :)

Yeah, it's been discussed before, but having a short demo with Obravos is going to produce mixed reviews. You can see this on other threads, especially when an impression thread starts for one of the CanJams. People's impression with the Obravo's is often times "meh" when they demo in a trade show environment, but I know they're missing out on the beauty of these iems, and the stellar sq and soundstage that these babies can offer. Another common comment is their sensitivity to different ear tips, and I agree with this. You have to tip roll to find your personal sweet spot and that takes some time. That's another reason, IMO, that short demos don't do them justice.

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #321 of 498
Well anyone wanting to go up another level in oBravo performance............These will do it :D

Not heard ANY tips offer such a huge improvement in sonics.

20170720_112843.jpg

Symbio Eartips in W Bore

Jul 20, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #323 of 498
Well anyone wanting to go up another level in oBravo performance............These will do it :D

Not heard ANY tips offer such a huge improvement in sonics.

Symbio Eartips in W Bore
Thanks for the reminder Phil. I bought a box of these, got busy with other stuff, and never tried them on the Obravos!

Jul 20, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #324 of 498
Thanks Philw

I was getting bored with the Spiral Dots :)
Yeah, me too! My setup was needing slightly tighter bass and a little more sparkle, and I've been getting great results with Ultimate Ears UE900/S tips. A good addition to your tip rolling!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #325 of 498
Kind of a bummer. I've been trying so many different tips on the EAMT's, I've managed to put little dents in the screens that covers the tip openings. :triportsad:
Guess I'll have to keep them forever now! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back