oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #271 of 498
I only have pre production. Soundstage is as good as the erib1. The bass is good but if you want more low end slam then you need to buy a higher model.

Thanks
Shame Im on a tight budget :frowning2:
£350 is max.

if you know of one that fits good soundstage and lots of bass for that much and you have in stock please PM me.

May 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #275 of 498
Finally got my hands on the M/L sized spiral dots.
It's airier, wider and louder vs the comply.
I need to spend more time to A/B if I want to pin point more differences.

I can't say which I prefer for now, but comply seems to be easier on the ears.
Perhaps I need to get used to the spiral dots.

Anyone knows if there are any diff between the white cables and the grey ones?

May 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #276 of 498
Finally got my hands on the M/L sized spiral dots.
It's airier, wider and louder vs the comply.
I need to spend more time to A/B if I want to pin point more differences.

I can't say which I prefer for now, but comply seems to be easier on the ears.
Perhaps I need to get used to the spiral dots.

Anyone knows if there are any diff between the white cables and the grey ones?
I've been switching tips for the last month now, and still haven't decided which is best. My opinion changes about every other day. Don't know about the white vs. gray cable.

May 7, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #278 of 498
I'm now using Eamt-1c with Ted's silver litz v2 cable. Not a huge sonic difference, but there is improved timbre throughout the spectrum (hard to believe that's possible), and it is 60 inch cable, which I prefer since I use them at home. Connectors would be too unwieldy if you tried to use them while on the move. I'll attach pictures if I ever figure out how!

May 7, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #279 of 498
I guess I figured it out. I use covers because I treat these like gold!

Obravo 02.jpg
Obravo 03.jpg

May 7, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #280 of 498
@fiascogarcia : is this a silver or silver plated cable? how about the pair up of this cable with your balanced source and EAMT-1C?

May 7, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #281 of 498
@fiascogarcia : is this a silver or silver plated cable? how about the pair up of this cable with your balanced source and EAMT-1C?
The cable is silver litz, and I'm running through an LC (though there have been those that contend it's not true balance since I'm using the SE input coming from my Hugo, but that's another story I don't truly understand). Soundstage is crazy good, width and depth as good as I've heard, though I don't have a lot of high end iem experience. Very out of head experience, music comes from around you, almost like it never plays between your ears. Very natural timbre to my ears, in both instruments and vocals. I'm signed up for the 64Audio Tzar18/Fourte tour, so I should get a much better idea of where this somewhat obscure iem sits in the realm of high end. It will be fun playing with, what, about $10,000 worth of iems in those 3 pairs? LOL. Interesting that the current FOM seems to be the new tech, what with the 64audio tia drivers and the JHA dynamic midrange drivers, yet not much conversation surrounding Obravo's neodymium dd and the amt tweeter. IMO, it sounds pretty stellar.

May 8, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #282 of 498
Indeed, I agree, the technology on the AMT it pretty amazing and the HEIL tweeter it's based upon goes back many years. oBravo have miniatursed it and developed it even further. Spec says it delivers audio 5 x faster than a normal dynamic driver.

I'm lucky to currently have an EAMT0 in my ears and listening to this is another world entirely and a Gen2 AMT tweeter is used in this.

May 30, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #283 of 498
Given the EAMT's are semi open do they offer a similar fatigue free listen to the Adel tech used by Empire Ears and Apex by 64 Audio. Since getting my Empire Ears Zeus XR Adel I will not be purchasing another pair of iem's ever that create a vaccume seal. I am interested in these but only if the holes in the back (semi open element) create a similar fatigue/vaccume free listening expereince to Adel/Apex.

thanks.

May 31, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #284 of 498
I'm now using Eamt-1c with Ted's silver litz v2 cable. Not a huge sonic difference, but there is improved timbre throughout the spectrum (hard to believe that's possible), and it is 60 inch cable, which I prefer since I use them at home. Connectors would be too unwieldy if you tried to use them while on the move. I'll attach pictures if I ever figure out how!

That is a nice cable, like the Ted's silver litz cable. May i ask where you get the oBravo mmcx connector for this cable, like to modify one spare cable i have at home. And thanks for you comment of my review at earphonia.com of the eamt-1c and the lab ii. Out of the Hugo i have the same feeling, excellent technical presentation but a nice class a or tube amp adds a tad warmth and musicality, perfekt for me. But as you sad, more transportable as portable. The pairing wiht the Mojo is the only small setup that i like. That's one thing i really like a lot with the lab ii, they are super easy to drive.

May 31, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #285 of 498
Given the EAMT's are semi open do they offer a similar fatigue free listen to the Adel tech used by Empire Ears and Apex by 64 Audio. Since getting my Empire Ears Zeus XR Adel I will not be purchasing another pair of iem's ever that create a vaccume seal. I am interested in these but only if the holes in the back (semi open element) create a similar fatigue/vaccume free listening expereince to Adel/Apex.

thanks.
I have not used an adel/apex iem yet, but I will try them soon as I am participating in the 64 audio iem tour. The EAMT's probably do not provide the level of openness that the adel/apex iems do, but I feel that they do prevent the complete seal that causes iems to "pop" when you remove them, so I do think there is a certain amount of ventilation that takes place. Additionally, there is a small hole just at the base of the tip that allows further ventilation. Add to that, the chamber that houses the amt driver is fairly large and open so there is a lot of room for air in the iem that probably helps also. The holes in the wood portion, to my knowledge, are primarily to allow the DD to fully flex, but I do think it also prevents that complete seal that you are talking about, and that I have experienced with other iems and with my ciems. I can say that I've not had any fatigue from vacuum seal while using these, but I've really only personally experienced that when using ciems. That's my personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back