oBravo Cupid
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 225
Was a bit of a weird day for me... Was initially thinking about getting the Andromeda gold but started reading about them and just couldn't justify them in addition to the atlas I already have. Then was looking at trying out something with a planar driver and was looking at the rha cl2, and stumbled across these. Did some reading up and purchased.

Really looking forward to them especially since obravo had been way out of what I would consider spending before. So hoping to get a taste of the obravo sound with some interesting driver tech.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 225
A
Was a bit of a weird day for me... Was initially thinking about getting the Andromeda gold but started reading about them and just couldn't justify them in addition to the atlas I already have. Then was looking at trying out something with a planar driver and was looking at the rha cl2, and stumbled across these. Did some reading up and purchased.

Really looking forward to them especially since obravo had been way out of what I would consider spending before. So hoping to get a taste of the obravo sound with some interesting driver tech.

Off topic but are you still loving the Atlas? Thinking of picking on up.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 225
A

Off topic but are you still loving the Atlas? Thinking of picking on up.

Yup, just love the sound. I never considered myself a basshead, but when bass is done well, even in large quantities, it's a beautiful thing. Negatives would mainly be that I hear some hiss depending on source and the shell is big and heavy and can cause discomfort. Oh yea, driver flex can be a bit of an issue depending on tips used.

To get back on topic though, really looking forward to the cupid as an interesting complement to my kit and will be interesting to compare to my final e5000.

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #19 of 225
Just ordered a pair of Cupids from @PhilW. Really looking forward to them, sounds an intriguing package, and I’m hoping that they’ll be a suitable replacement for my CA Lyra 2s, which I never really fell in love with.

I’ll post impressions when I get them next week - the only thing I’m worried about is that I only use single-ended with my CV5 on-the-go, and thus hope the cable/adapter issue isn’t too problematic.

Really keen to hear others impressions of these, to whet the appetite a bit!

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #20 of 225
Now i really excited how good these are. I bought them on ebay for 179€ (~200 dollars). I hope these are as good as my Tanchjim Oxygen. Can someone say something about imaging and soundstage? Are these have a out of your head staging?

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #22 of 225
I think if you do a straight cut down on slit to shortnen the mmcx connection of the cupid or other obravo iems, you can use a normal mmcx cable. But be very careful! If you do the cut wrong, the ring of the connector won't lock-in. I will try this when my cupid arrives.
IMG_20190829_194016.jpg

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #23 of 225
Now i really excited how good these are. I bought them on ebay for 179€ (~200 dollars). I hope these are as good as my Tanchjim Oxygen. Can someone say something about imaging and soundstage? Are these have a out of your head staging?
Looking forward to your comparison between the Cupid and Oxygen, both are in my next-IEM shortlist.
cheers, Jose

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #24 of 225
When i look at the graphs of the cupid and oxygen, i think the sound signature is almost the same. But i think the dd driver of the cupid is much faster and the detail retrieval is way higher because of the low mass of the planar driver. I this case the stage must be wider and deeper. I think the cupid is an upgrade. I tell you when my cupid arrives. But first i will give them a 100+ hour burn-in.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #25 of 225
When i look at the graphs of the cupid and oxygen, i think the sound signature is almost the same. But i think the dd driver of the cupid is much faster and the detail retrieval is way higher because of the low mass of the planar driver. I this case the stage must be wider and deeper. I think the cupid is an upgrade. I tell you when my cupid arrives. But first i will give them a 100+ hour burn-in.

Why do you think the DD of the Cupid will be faster? Also intrigued how you infer the stage sizing from a graph? It's always dangerous to form preconceptions based purely of measurements, especially as the Cupid are probably the most tip-dependent IEMs I've ever heard. The sound you get will alter write a bit depending on the tip, insertion depth and seal with these things.

Looking forward to your comparison with the Oxygen when you finally get the Cupid to listen to.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #27 of 225
Why do you think the DD of the Cupid will be faster? Also intrigued how you infer the stage sizing from a graph? It's always dangerous to form preconceptions based purely of measurements, especially as the Cupid are probably the most tip-dependent IEMs I've ever heard. The sound you get will alter write a bit depending on the tip, insertion depth and seal with these things.

Looking forward to your comparison with the Oxygen when you finally get the Cupid to listen to.

I didn't write that the graph give us a clue how wide the stage can be. I said that the mass of the planar driver is very low, so the cupid can play tiny little details in the mids and highs better. I think the planar has a better imaging, staging and detail retrieval than the thicker and heavier driver of the oxygen, and also a lower destortion. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #30 of 225
I don't know how good the Shure SE846 is, but this guy said that the cupid is double as good. The bass is much better because of the slam and the stage is much wider. I'am very excited about the cupid. Unfortunally i have to wait until it arrives. ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back