Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #6,197 of 7,481
Recently been lovin' the 2x EL12 Spez (Tungsram) + 2x GEC L63 (6J5 replacement) combo on my "Finyssey" custom amp. It's a sound I would describe as timeless and splentacular (splendid and spectacular). Most pairings with these GECs had some synergy drawback or another, but this combo has energy and character to reproduce ALL genres with finesse and fidelity in droves. Also coaxed along quite nicely with the addition of several recent cable upgrades throughout my system, and the fact that these tubes are tested and match perfectly.

I think the vibe I've been getting lately could be generally conveyed with this song, and this.

Along with retro African, Latin, French, Italian, Japanese and Korean pop & folk, I'm realizing how great retro Arabic pop is too.

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #6,198 of 7,481
You were lucky. This is the only show we could tune in with the rabbit-ear antenna:

1662222580604.png

Joking aside though, both Buck Owens and Roy Clark were pretty talented musicians.
Haha, looks like I missed out on that one unfortunately ☹️.

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #6,199 of 7,481
Haha, looks like I missed out on that one unfortunately ☹️.
How about Carol Burnett? I caught a re-run a short time back and it was still funny. 🤣

Sep 5, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #6,200 of 7,481
Recently been lovin' the 2x EL12 Spez (Tungsram) + 2x GEC L63 (6J5 replacement) combo on my "Finyssey" custom amp. It's a sound I would describe as timeless and splentacular (splendid and spectacular). Most pairings with these GECs had some synergy drawback or another, but this combo has energy and character to reproduce ALL genres with finesse and fidelity in droves. Also coaxed along quite nicely with the addition of several recent cable upgrades throughout my system, and the fact that these tubes are tested and match perfectly.

I think the vibe I've been getting lately could be generally conveyed with this song, and this.

Along with retro African, Latin, French, Italian, Japanese and Korean pop & folk, I'm realizing how great retro Arabic pop is too.

I've to give you a like because you did come back and post some impressions. Seems like other owners have gone underground.

Sep 5, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #6,201 of 7,481
How about Carol Burnett? I caught a re-run a short time back and it was still funny. 🤣
No we didn't get that over here sadly, it looks pretty funny from the youtube clips. I seem to remember "I Love Lucy" and a few others going back into the dim and distant past.

Sep 5, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #6,202 of 7,481
No we didn't get that over here sadly, it looks pretty funny from the youtube clips. I seem to remember "I Love Lucy" and a few others going back into the dim and distant past.

I didn't know you guys are that old. I Love Lucy dates back to 1951.

Sep 5, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #6,203 of 7,481
I didn't know you guys are that old. I Love Lucy dates back to 1951.
Here in the states I Love Lucy was shown through the 80s at least on some channel or other. Many of the classic shows lived in syndication for decades.

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #6,204 of 7,481
It's past midnight and I'm still awake listening to music. These Philips Miniwatt EL34 double D getters with RCA 5691 (GE branded) sound crazy amazing. I had wanted to preserve the EL34 as I had bought them brand new but to do so would be denying my ears of ecstasy. Susvara has never sounded this good !

IMG_4928.jpg

Sep 6, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #6,205 of 7,481
I read on the Viva Egoista 845 thread someone ordering Feliks Audio Envy to drive Susvara because there has been reports that it's a great pairing.

If only they had heard Susvara driven by Odyssey. It's the pinnacle. It's nirvana. :) I have no doubt that Telemachus will do just as well. Odyssey's tuning sound incredible. Tomas has done a superb job and yet he tells me that Telemachus is his favorite. So much so he's building a Telemachus for himself in November.

Sep 6, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #6,206 of 7,481
A rerun?…Not the actual live show 😂?

Sep 7, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #6,209 of 7,481
That looks like the custom Odyssey with dual rectifiers! Mine is based off of that design, but will have some differences. Are you the new owner? How do you like it?

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #6,210 of 7,481
Natural, that's all I can say. Seamless... The sweetness of the notes, especially the treble and base extension.

Well expressed Audiargent. Odyssey's treble is very well extended and is incredibly sweet. Bass is so satisfying and I'm hearing all this on Susvara. With time more will get to hear Odyssey and it will cement it's place in the audio head-fi world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back