Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Dec 24, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #4,486 of 7,539
Omg Jose Feliciano does it so much better and that small boy is Bcowen when he was young.

That was me last Christmas. But I learned this past year how to properly handle an LP. :laughing:

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #4,487 of 7,539
Dec 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #4,488 of 7,539
You deface my Picasso again and I'll send you back to Alcatraz.
That was his early period, so we must make an exception for a genius in the making 🙂.

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #4,489 of 7,539
Final Christmas message. Tube roll safely. Don't kill yourself.

IMG_3715.jpg

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #4,490 of 7,539
Morning tube aficionados. Let the tube rolling begin. A tube that goes by the moniker of 807. This one's a Radiotron with D^D symbol.

The 6L6 vacuum tube or thermionic valve was one of the most iconic valves ever produced. The 6L6 first appeared before the Second World War, and was widely used in many applications, especially in audio amplifier, finding particular favour in guitar amplifiers. A development of the 6L6 was the 807 - a valve that took the basic 6L6 design, but used a top cap connection for the anode to enable it to be used in RF power applications.

IMG_3736.jpg

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #4,491 of 7,539
Dennis Had did build a 807 single ended amp.

This is what Dennis Had wrote in the original ad...

After all these years of designing and manufacturing audio amplifiers, on a few rare occasions an amplifier presentation of the music will bring tears to my eyes. This, "Sweet-807" amplifier, as I have named it, is one of those emotionally charged music presentations with tears of joy as the reward of this new design. I recently was reintroduced to the 807 tube by an audiophile buddy here in Raleigh. He asked the question .... "What do you know about the 807 tube for audio?" With that I had a flash back and off I went on a mission of 807 tube designing ... just to see how this tube would sound as a single-ended class A audio amplifier. I am truly excited about using the world famous 807 vacuum tube that went into one of my first "home-brew" novice ham radio transmitters as a kid back in 1958. Well, now I know why this tube is world famous. Truly amazing great hi-fi home audio sound for sure. No matter the choice of music you enjoy or the playback equipment you use, this new "Sweet-807" will reward the listener with the emotional impact and realism of the original score.
On a technical basis this 807 music machine has a number of features listed below: Fully regulated low impedance 807 tube screen grid B+ power supply * Fully regulated low impedance input tube driver, 6922, B+ power supply * Precision non-inductive metal film 3 watt resistors * Paper and oil filed, epoxy encapsulated, coupling and by-pass capacitors * Gold plated copper output speaker posts * EE Teflon silver stranded 19 strand hook up wiring * Pure 99.9% Silver Teflon Insulated internal coax interconnect * Custom design 15 watt SE air gapped output transformers with a separate feed-back winding, left and right channel matched pair * 300 % duty cycle CCS power transformer designed for 120/240 VAC 50/60 Hz primary * Pi-Network featuring filter choke in the B+ power supply * .080 (12 ga) aluminum chassis and matching bottom plate with large soft rubber shock mount feet * 9 watts per channel output w 274B (5U4) rectifier tube or 10 watts per channel output with 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier * 6CG7 additional input tube included for some tube rolling fun ... the 6CG7 is the equivalent of a 6SN7 in a 9 pin package.

I guess you can tell I am excited with the "Sweet-807" stereo amplifier offering. I hand build each amplifier from the raw metal and basket of parts. I consider this my form of musical and electronic art. Each amp is a new baby to me and I listen to each amplifier in both the shop listening room and my home listening room. This is a passion I have held for over 55 years now ever since I listened to my neighbors McIntosh vacuum tube hi-fi amplifiers. I never dreamed that retirement was going to be so much fun!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

1428825-04a845f2-inspire-sweet-807-stereo-tube-amplifier-by-dennis-had-807-single-ended-audiop...jpg

However 807 on Odyssey is just sensational. You see why I love Odyssey. So many classic tube sound like Odyssey is made for them. Tomas did build a classic and legendary tube amp in Odyssey. 15 watts in triode mode and 20 watts in UL mode into 8 ohms, Odyssey is a Rolls Royce that just cruise along. Mundorf s/g/o capacitors in black with gold letterings stands out in the interior. It's still a picture for my eyes only.

IMG_3737.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4,492 of 7,539
Dennis Had did build a 807 single ended amp.

This is what Dennis Had wrote in the original ad...

After all these years of designing and manufacturing audio amplifiers, on a few rare occasions an amplifier presentation of the music will bring tears to my eyes. This, "Sweet-807" amplifier, as I have named it, is one of those emotionally charged music presentations with tears of joy as the reward of this new design. I recently was reintroduced to the 807 tube by an audiophile buddy here in Raleigh. He asked the question .... "What do you know about the 807 tube for audio?" With that I had a flash back and off I went on a mission of 807 tube designing ... just to see how this tube would sound as a single-ended class A audio amplifier. I am truly excited about using the world famous 807 vacuum tube that went into one of my first "home-brew" novice ham radio transmitters as a kid back in 1958. Well, now I know why this tube is world famous. Truly amazing great hi-fi home audio sound for sure. No matter the choice of music you enjoy or the playback equipment you use, this new "Sweet-807" will reward the listener with the emotional impact and realism of the original score.
On a technical basis this 807 music machine has a number of features listed below: Fully regulated low impedance 807 tube screen grid B+ power supply * Fully regulated low impedance input tube driver, 6922, B+ power supply * Precision non-inductive metal film 3 watt resistors * Paper and oil filed, epoxy encapsulated, coupling and by-pass capacitors * Gold plated copper output speaker posts * EE Teflon silver stranded 19 strand hook up wiring * Pure 99.9% Silver Teflon Insulated internal coax interconnect * Custom design 15 watt SE air gapped output transformers with a separate feed-back winding, left and right channel matched pair * 300 % duty cycle CCS power transformer designed for 120/240 VAC 50/60 Hz primary * Pi-Network featuring filter choke in the B+ power supply * .080 (12 ga) aluminum chassis and matching bottom plate with large soft rubber shock mount feet * 9 watts per channel output w 274B (5U4) rectifier tube or 10 watts per channel output with 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier * 6CG7 additional input tube included for some tube rolling fun ... the 6CG7 is the equivalent of a 6SN7 in a 9 pin package.

I guess you can tell I am excited with the "Sweet-807" stereo amplifier offering. I hand build each amplifier from the raw metal and basket of parts. I consider this my form of musical and electronic art. Each amp is a new baby to me and I listen to each amplifier in both the shop listening room and my home listening room. This is a passion I have held for over 55 years now ever since I listened to my neighbors McIntosh vacuum tube hi-fi amplifiers. I never dreamed that retirement was going to be so much fun!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

1428825-04a845f2-inspire-sweet-807-stereo-tube-amplifier-by-dennis-had-807-single-ended-audiop...jpg

Man, I can't believe he didn't send me one of those to approve listen to. Sigh. 😒

http://www.sixpacs.com/tubetalk.shtml

1640481177482.png

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #4,494 of 7,539
Man I can't believe you are world famous. I can't afford a celebrity caddy. So you did not get to listen to the finished product?

Finished product of the Six Pacs? Yeah, I had a pair for quite a while. Great amps for rock and roll! But never quite managed the same level of inner detailing and harmonic beauty of the Super Amp (for push-pull pentodes, anyway). Still have the Super Amp...it's one of those I'll never part with.

SuperAmp1.JPG

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #4,495 of 7,539
Finished product of the Six Pacs? Yeah, I had a pair for quite a while. Great amps for rock and roll! But never quite managed the same level of inner detailing and harmonic beauty of the Super Amp (for push-pull pentodes, anyway). Still have the Superman Amp...it's one of those I'll never part with.

Nice. What happen to Dennis? Did he finally retire?

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #4,496 of 7,539
Nice. What happen to Dennis? Did he finally retire?
I haven't talked to him in ages. He retired from Cary Audio, and I think he's just building Inspire amps now when his body's dependence on solder fumes flares up. :laughing:

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #4,497 of 7,539
Hi guys, just curious what the difference between oblivion and infinity?

Plan to drive Susvara, Meze Elite & Abyss headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,498 of 7,539
Morning tube aficionados. Let the tube rolling begin. A tube that goes by the moniker of 807. This one's a Radiotron with D^D symbol.

The 6L6 vacuum tube or thermionic valve was one of the most iconic valves ever produced. The 6L6 first appeared before the Second World War, and was widely used in many applications, especially in audio amplifier, finding particular favour in guitar amplifiers. A development of the 6L6 was the 807 - a valve that took the basic 6L6 design, but used a top cap connection for the anode to enable it to be used in RF power applications.

IMG_3736.jpg

Do I see a GE tube at the front of this Odyssey ? Hmmm...... :ksc75smile:

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #4,499 of 7,539
Do I see a GE tube at the front of this Odyssey ? Hmmm...... :ksc75smile:
Haha, well spotted! UT you should be ashamed of yourself 🙂.

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #4,500 of 7,539

Users who are viewing this thread

Back