Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Mar 3, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,351 of 7,481
Why didn't I have a custom amp with just these tubes?

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #1,354 of 7,481
Are those EL** tubes? :)
Nah - 42 x 6AS7G and 12 x 6SN7 per channel. Possibly GEC 6AS7G and B65 ?
But I am sure that they will build you one with 84 EL12 Spez and 24 EL11 tubes if you so specify.
Time to join a health club and go to the gym -the entire setup weighs 211kg or 464lbs.
Maybe you will need new speakers stadium size: 500 watts per channel, 2-16Ω load before clipping
http://www.atma-sphere.com/en/ma-3.html

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #1,355 of 7,481
Atmasphere. Balanced OTL amp and a claim that it the best amplifier :) 500watts. Too rich for my blood. :) I bet they are using Svetlana 6h13c. There won't be that many NOS tubes to burn up in one go.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #1,357 of 7,481
A not too expensive way to get good music. I had left the Rega RP8 at home while I brought the auto Denon DP300f with Ortofon Blue along. As source into Oblivion, details abound in a musical way. Hans Zimmer for a bit of soundtrack.

Still love this amp after more than a year.

IMG_1846.jpg

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #1,358 of 7,481
A not too expensive way to get good music. I had left the Rega RP8 at home while I brought the auto Denon DP300f with Ortofon Blue along. As source into Oblivion, details abound in a musical way. Hans Zimmer for a bit of soundtrack.

Still love this amp after more than a year.

So which is better, the vinyl or the digital source? :)

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #1,359 of 7,481
So which is better, the vinyl or the digital source? :)
Depends on the gear used. I've always said that my Rega RP8 with Apheta cartridge and Avid Pellar phono stage has way more clarity than Yggdrasil but both are good enough for my needs and even more.

Vinyl has that organic feel that digital just doesn't have. A new album of quality pressing, a clean stylus and steady platform with a good tonearm will leave you in bliss. Now that I've my setup with the turntable within easy reach, I just love playing my new albums again. Pink Floyd, Eva Cassidy, Dire Straits, War On Drugs, Metallica, Beethoven, War of the Worlds, Norah Jones and the list goes on.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #1,360 of 7,481
Depends on the gear used. I've always said that my Rega RP8 with Apheta cartridge and Avid Pellar phono stage has way more clarity than Yggdrasil but both are good enough for my needs and even more.

Vinyl has that organic feel that digital just doesn't have. A new album of quality pressing, a clean stylus and steady platform with a good tonearm will leave you in bliss. Now that I've my setup with the turntable within easy reach, I just love playing my new albums again. Pink Floyd, Eva Cassidy, Dire Straits, War On Drugs, Metallica, Beethoven, War of the Worlds, Norah Jones and the list goes on.

Agreed! In my system, analog trumps vinyl for soundstage, clarity, and realism. I have a new DAC coming, so when it arrives all bets are off, but I have faith the vinyl will come out on top. Finding a diamond-in-the-rough record is a great feeling as well, all the more rewarding when it is first played.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,361 of 7,481

If you want even more clarity the best with recording is still original master reel 2 Reel tape.
Get a vintage Studer or Revox, find master tape (or low n copies) and enjoy.

A810-1280x500.jpg

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,362 of 7,481
Keenan, buying LPs is even more addictive than buying tubes. I have these machines for cleaning vinyl even most of my LPs are new but there were a bunch of 2nd hand mint conditioned jazz and classical ones I bought from a friend who has a great collection.

The bottle of liquigas cleans it thoroughly and also makes me cycle faster. :wink:

20170907_203917.jpg20170910_070124.jpg20170924_111532 (1).jpg

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #1,363 of 7,481
If you want even more clarity the best with recording is still original master reel 2 Reel tape.
Get a vintage Studer or Revox, find master tape (or low n copies) and enjoy.
I have to draw a line somewhere. My eldest brother has a reel 2 reel that he took to Canada when he migrated years ago.

As I said somewhere earlier in this thread, someday I'll have a live orchestra playing for me. :relaxed:

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #1,364 of 7,481
What an organization to cleanup disk... Do you use ultrasonic cleaning, carbon fiber brush and micro fiber brush to finish. :thumbsup:

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #1,365 of 7,481
I use the Ultrasonic Record Cleaner to clean the LPs. They go on a spindle and are lowered into the bath. Then it starts to rotate and gets clean in the tub for 20 mins. Of course you add a special solution to the water first.

After cleaning I use the Record Doctor V, to vacuum off the water and dry it. Then hey presto no more pops and crackles and the sound of music fills the air. :beyersmile:

P/S always use a new special record sleeve after each wash. How often do I clean? Whenever I'm not lazy, which is like once a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back