Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Sep 21, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #6,376 of 7,481
I wish we have comparisons between Telemachus and DNA Stratus or Stellaris but judging from the various impressions it seems that DNA house sound is very different anyway... seems to lean more towards a classical tube sound perhaps? Not necessarily warm or mushy but more gentle in general.

Sep 21, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #6,377 of 7,481
I wish we have comparisons between Telemachus and DNA Stratus or Stellaris but judging from the various impressions it seems that DNA house sound is very different anyway... seems to lean more towards a classical tube sound perhaps? Not necessarily warm or mushy but more gentle in general.

I'm more interested in a comparison between Telemachus and Feliks Audio Envy, the latter getting solid traction in the recent CanJam SoCal 2022. Specifically I would like to hear Susvara through those 2 amps.

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #6,378 of 7,481
@UntilThen are you planning on getting the new ZMF Caldera? Very curious to hear how they'll sound with Odyssey.

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #6,379 of 7,481
@UntilThen are you planning on getting the new ZMF Caldera? Very curious to hear how they'll sound with Odyssey.

The thought is there but what happens to 2023 remains to be seen. Susvara has barely been through the honeymoon period and frankly I'm at the end with this headphone - my ears says so. Especially when powered by Odyssey. If Odyssey had gone to CanJam SoCal 2022, there will be a riot. Never mind the big names there. :wink:

When I had He1000se and LCD4, I spend most times with He1000se so I know where my preferred sound signature lies. Before that Verite Open gave way to He1000se too.

Moving on from He1000se to Susvara has been a big jump. Susvara is a pleasure machine when amped by Odyssey. I don't know if Telemachus would do better. Will have to find out !

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #6,380 of 7,481
I'm intrigued by the Elrogs. Anyone who has them and moved on(up?) from EML care to share impressions? I'm interested in trying out a second higher-end tube complement.

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #6,381 of 7,481
I'm intrigued by the Elrogs. Anyone who has them and moved on(up?) from EML care to share impressions? I'm interested in trying out a second higher-end tube complement.
@paradoxper is the best person to give you the impressions

Sep 21, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #6,384 of 7,481
@paradoxper is the best person to give you the impressions
EML are a little more dry and lean where the Elrog is fuller than all 300B but not of commission, they are faster, tighter and better extended top to bottom.
They do not sound like the 300B more like a beef 45 and they are the must with planar pairing.

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #6,385 of 7,481
Speaking of tubes. I actually bought some for my upcoming Telemachus I'm building for myself :)

First I got these WE300B's. It's going to be interesting to hear the difference between these and the Gold Lions I got. Don't expect a detailed review of these tubes as I'm terrible at that kind of stuff lol. Definitely the nicest packed tubes I ever got that's for sure.
DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

I also got these rectifiers. Mullard GZ37, RCA 5R4GY, Brimar GZ32 and Brimar 5V4. The 5V4 is really not recommended in Telemachus as the maximum voltage allowed is surpassed but I'm gonna try it out. As I said, NOT recommended though!
I'm looking forward to playing with these! :)
DSC_0271.JPG

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #6,387 of 7,481
Speaking of tubes. I actually bought some for my upcoming Telemachus I'm building for myself :)

First I got these WE300B's. It's going to be interesting to hear the difference between these and the Gold Lions I got. Don't expect a detailed review of these tubes as I'm terrible at that kind of stuff lol. Definitely the nicest packed tubes I ever got that's for sure.
DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

I also got these rectifiers. Mullard GZ37, RCA 5R4GY, Brimar GZ32 and Brimar 5V4. The 5V4 is really not recommended in Telemachus as the maximum voltage allowed is surpassed but I'm gonna try it out. As I said, NOT recommended though!
DSC_0271.JPG

For sure those WE 300Bs are beautiful. :)

However, I don't think Brimar ever made the GZ32. My best guess is yours is Russian. :)

Sep 22, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #6,388 of 7,481
For sure those WE 300Bs are beautiful. :)

However, I don't think Brimar ever made the GZ32. My best guess is yours is Russian. :)
Yeah those WE 300B's are gorgeous looking tubes! :)

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #6,390 of 7,481

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG
Those RCA 5R4GY's are some of my favorite "budget" rectifiers. I think I paid $35 USD for my single bottom getter and $60 USD for my dual-bottom getter. Hope you like them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back