Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Sep 5, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3,556 of 7,498
My eyes are glassy now. Listening to 'You and your friend' Dire Straits. Brimar 6sl7 and Gec Kt66 captures the soul and essence of the song. Odyssey sound way too good now.

My eyes are glassy not from what I'm hearing but what you have just said above.

Now Bcowen wants Telemarcus except he wants to call it Egad.... I will call it Enigma. You have my full attention too !

Ahhh....a timeless favorite of mine. Have you listened to the live version from the "On The Night" album? Gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it, and bet it sounds even more magnificent with your equipment.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #3,557 of 7,498
Ahhh....a timeless favorite of mine. Have you listened to the live version from the "On The Night" album? Gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it, and bet it sounds even more magnificent with your equipment.

Listening to On the Night, I didn't want the night to end. Thanks Bill, this sends shivers up my spine. Odyssey has cast a spell on me. Maybe it's the sirens.

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #3,558 of 7,498
The studio version isn't bad either, but now I must check out that live album!

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #3,560 of 7,498
Slacker. You're nowhere to be seen today.
Power has been out for several hours. Estimate from the utility is it will be another 6 hours before it’s restored. Now I gotta go get gas for the generator. Pesky first-world problems. :tired_face:

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #3,561 of 7,498
Power has been out for several hours. Estimate from the utility is it will be another 6 hours before it’s restored. Now I gotta go get gas for the generator. Pesky first-world problems. :tired_face:

Yeah I heard that excuse before. Don't you have a tube generator? One with a GE brand?

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #3,562 of 7,498
Yeah I heard that excuse before. Don't you have a tube generator? One with a GE brand?
Be nice. I had time reserved tonight to enjoy some music. Now all I get to listen to is Briggs & Stratton. It *is* a live performance I suppose, but the musicians suck. :thermometer_face:

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #3,564 of 7,498
Be nice. I had time reserved tonight to enjoy some music. Now all I get to listen to is Briggs & Stratton. It *is* a live performance I suppose, but the musicians suck. :thermometer_face:
Is the opening act Smith & Wesson?…

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #3,565 of 7,498
If your utility uses solid-state….the cowen house is echoing for hours with darkvoices 😖

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #3,566 of 7,498
If your utility uses solid-state….the cowen house is echoing for hours with darkvoices 😖
Actually, for the incoming AC power I'm good with solid state. Just so long as there are tubes between it and my ears at some point. :smile:

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3,567 of 7,498
Briggs & Stratton is a lawn mower. 😂
Since I can't listen to music, might as well mow the lawn. No? :sweat_smile:

But to tell the truth, my lawnmower has a Kohler engine. The generator has the Briggs and Stratton....and it's LOUD.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #3,568 of 7,498
If you come across cheap ECC35, ECC33, ECC32 then let me know. Whisper. :relaxed:
I always wanted to try an ECC32 / CV181 but man they are pricey, GEC NOS KT88 range. Are they that splendid?

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #3,569 of 7,498
I always wanted to try an ECC32 / CV181 but man they are pricey, GEC NOS KT88 range. Are they that splendid?

I've no idea. I have only tried ECC31 which is rather warm. ECC32 might be in the same mole. I'm more keen on a ECC35 which is sort of the 6SL7 family type.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #3,570 of 7,498
I've tried Mullard ECC32 and personally was disappointed, I didn't think they were special like you would expect from Mullards. I do know however that people that have tried them say different, sorry.

Edit: I just remembered I did have a 1950's Brimar CV1988/ECC33 which was typical Brimar, powerful, dynamic, but as I said before I preferred the TS6SN7 BGRP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back