Objectivists board room
Oct 2, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,231 of 4,545
I think he's saying that his brand of audiophiles tend to gravitate towards exactly every idea that you guys critique
rolleyes.gif

So you don't want in on my hearing aid $$$? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,240 of 4,545
 the amount of misleading claims in the pono topic are pretty substantial. a guy who learns only from that place is soooo screwed.
I certainly have an opinion on olddude and what he has become(because at first he was a nice fellow asking questions all the time and actually trying to read the answers), but it's headfi and we can't really criticize a member even when it's deserved.

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,241 of 4,545
   the amount of misleading claims in the pono topic are pretty substantial. a guy who learns only from that place is soooo screwed.
I certainly have an opinion on olddude and what he has become(because at first he was a nice fellow asking questions all the time and actually trying to read the answers), but it's headfi and we can't really criticize a member even when it's deserved.

It's a ban-bait topic at this point, so I just stay unsubscribed from it. Besides, it's basically become a balanced cable discussion with the occasional "wow, science people are so stupid" tangent.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #1,242 of 4,545
Love how FFBrookman wandered off over to the Pono thread and is whining about that section. I think the reception he got was more or less the best indicator into the mentality over there.

That being said, I still can't get over how weirdly shaped it is. If I wanted a triangular prism, I'd have ordered a Toblerone.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,243 of 4,545
what killed it for me was the battery TBH. it stopped me from even wanting to have a try at it. and then I learned about everything else.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,244 of 4,545
Looks like that thread has turned into full blown fantasy land. At least they don't look at over priced DAPs as the only way to get to audio heaven.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,245 of 4,545

I spent a fairly substantial amount of money because of threads like that one, on this forum, before I started doing a lot of digging in to the science behind it all. I love gadgets, and I wanted to believe in their potential to make my music sound magically better. Now, I still have and use a pretty expensive MP3 player, but it's for very different reasons than when I bought my first Hifiman 601 - that and some AKG's were my first foray in to Head-Fi. Great cans, though. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back