Objectivists board room
May 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,662 of 4,545
Ahh, but they wouldn't have created it with you in mind. Ask yourself how much disposable income bats have? :)

G

Don't underestimate the bats of the future! Our economy will be a prosperous and productive one, and that's why I'm pretty sure I'll be a billionaire when the time comes. However, I anticipate that we might eventually have a serious crime problem, which is why I plan on establishing an extralegal persona to serve up some vigilante justice on the weekends. It'll be in the form of a human, and I will call him...

...Steve.

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,665 of 4,545
Hmm, you think bat guano could be used as a dielectric for capacitors in boutique DACs and Amps?

Of course, never underestimate the power of pseudo-science to sell absolutely anything to audiophiles! On that basis, why go through the messy effort of collecting bat guano, why not just sell containers of air? A bit of good clean air in your headphone cups is obviously going to transmit the sound waves more accurately than air that's half smog and PM10/2.5 particles. Honestly, it's a night and day difference for every urban headphone user. 1 ltr AGA (Audiophile Grade Air) = $49. Special offer, 5 ltrs AGA = $299.

G

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #3,666 of 4,545
He made his fortune trading bat guano in the commodities market. Hmm, you think bat guano could be used as a dielectric for capacitors in boutique DACs and Amps?
am I reading right? Ace Ventura is Batman?

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #3,667 of 4,545
Of course, never underestimate the power of pseudo-science to sell absolutely anything to audiophiles! On that basis, why go through the messy effort of collecting bat guano, why not just sell containers of air? A bit of good clean air in your headphone cups is obviously going to transmit the sound waves more accurately than air that's half smog and PM10/2.5 particles. Honestly, it's a night and day difference for every urban headphone user. 1 ltr AGA (Audiophile Grade Air) = $49. Special offer, 5 ltrs AGA = $299.

G
I bet one could convince the crowd that a vacuum would work wonders and create an "airy" sound.

Jun 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,669 of 4,545

G
Could be a great marketing thing! You may be onto something here. :wink:

There's already rocks and boxes of dirt floating around. Why not some air? Why not some audiophile grade water to accompany that so one gets the true experience? There's a whole industry based on wine, so why not water? :D

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...as-a-joke-but-theres-actually-a-lot-of-demand

Air is sold, so why not audiophile grade air? Especially for places where there's concern for pollution, or in places where they do not have the freshest air from Mount Fuji right at the peak moment right before it erupted god knows when. :p

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,670 of 4,545
Speaking of which, I've always been upset with the DACport Slim I purchased. It didn't get too much attention from reviewers and feedback was fairly positive despite it's many issues, and Goodman attitude kinda gave the impression that he brushed people's negative feedback aside, or straight up mock their taste to please the audiophile elitism mentality. Nice to finally see a fairly comprehensive breakdown on, well, pretty much everything about the little device:

https://summivox.wordpress.com/2016...rance-dacport-slim-usb-dac-and-headphone-amp/

This has been out for a while, but I only saw it now because I completely forgot about my DACport until I saw it in my drawer yesterday, as it stopped working on Windows 10 (conflicts with the OS and the proprietary drivers that CEntrance was using, something they didn't have an update for in a very very long time). In the past, the drivers never were digitally signed anyways for some reason so people needed to disable that security feature to get it to work. You'd think that it would be solved in a month or two but still nothing after over a year. :frowning2:

Many new customers seem pretty upset right now as CEntrance isn't even replying into the community forums.

The Creator's Update for Windows 10 supports UAC2 natively and people who have updated claims that yes, it works with the dac without CEntrance's own drivers.

Won't be using it though as it's noisier than my new laptop's audio out.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #3,671 of 4,545
Speaking of which, I've always been upset with the DACport Slim I purchased. It didn't get too much attention from reviewers and feedback was fairly positive despite it's many issues, and Goodman attitude kinda gave the impression that he brushed people's negative feedback aside, or straight up mock their taste to please the audiophile elitism mentality. Nice to finally see a fairly comprehensive breakdown on, well, pretty much everything about the little device:

https://summivox.wordpress.com/2016...rance-dacport-slim-usb-dac-and-headphone-amp/

This has been out for a while, but I only saw it now because I completely forgot about my DACport until I saw it in my drawer yesterday, as it stopped working on Windows 10 (conflicts with the OS and the proprietary drivers that CEntrance was using, something they didn't have an update for in a very very long time). In the past, the drivers never were digitally signed anyways for some reason so people needed to disable that security feature to get it to work. You'd think that it would be solved in a month or two but still nothing after over a year. :frowning2:

Many new customers seem pretty upset right now as CEntrance isn't even replying into the community forums.

The Creator's Update for Windows 10 supports UAC2 natively and people who have updated claims that yes, it works with the dac without CEntrance's own drivers.

Won't be using it though as it's noisier than my new laptop's audio out.
So hype rules supreme. After a point we can't tell the difference between A and B, but that won't stop the marketing department. As far as the noise goes, use it with a tube amp so you can't tell. :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3,672 of 4,545
So hype rules supreme. After a point we can't tell the difference between A and B, but that won't stop the marketing department. As far as the noise goes, use it with a tube amp so you can't tell. :)

Looool that's actually what I did for a short time. I plugged the dac into a noisy tube amp i got off eBay just to take some pictures and to show off. XD

The combo was always glowing on the side, at the corner of my eye, but too far for me to ever accidentally plug my headphones inside them. :p

As for the noise, for a short period, I took a cheap inline volume control to cut it out, despite CEntrance screaming, "Heresy! Heresy! It affects the audio fidelity so much use our 100 dollar mod plus shipping instead even though that's the price of the device itself and we should have gotten it right in the first place!"

Now I just use my onboard as my new laptop drives my Q701 pretty well (after a nightmarish week of fiddling with the audio drivers and terrible default audio suite).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #3,673 of 4,545
There's already rocks and boxes of dirt floating around. Why not some air?

Actually, you could combine them. How about a box of clean air surrounded by rocks and dirt? Yes ladies and gentlemen the next advance in SQ is here, an audiophile grade coffin!

G

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3,674 of 4,545
Actually, you could combine them. How about a box of clean air surrounded by rocks and dirt? Yes ladies and gentlemen the next advance in SQ is here, an audiophile grade coffin!

G
Where's the wood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back