Objectivists board room
Jan 15, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #3,076 of 4,545
One has to wonder what the appropriate behavior is, when you have a guy whom you already beaten up over rather frivolous claims in other threads, which, even though he proclaims itself not having a clue in electrical engineering, suggests to give a few turns to a random pot lowering the voltage of the amp section rail, because "it gives better linearity" and "the original 9v voltage is too strong" (?!?!?) for opamps which can take double that.
Oh, that, and changing a few random capacitors w/out a clue of the schematic 
biggrin.gif

But after that change, "it sounds fabolous" 
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809203/fx-audio-dac-x6-2016-release-potential-sub-100-king/60#post_13175949

I think I will shut up ... after all, $80 is not too much of a price, for learning not to trust a random dude off the internet with your electronics 
smile.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #3,077 of 4,545
  One has to wonder what the appropriate behavior is, when you have a guy whom you already beaten up over rather frivolous claims in other threads, which, even though he proclaims itself not having a clue in electrical engineering, suggests to give a few turns to a random pot lowering the voltage of the amp section rail, because "it gives better linearity" and "the original 9v voltage is too strong" (?!?!?) for opamps which can take double that.
Oh, that, and changing a few random capacitors w/out a clue of the schematic 
biggrin.gif

But after that change, "it sounds fabolous" 
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809203/fx-audio-dac-x6-2016-release-potential-sub-100-king/60#post_13175949

I think I will shut up ... after all, $80 is not too much of a price, for learning not to trust a random dude off the internet with your electronics 
smile.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #3,078 of 4,545
Computer on fire? I guess it finally has enough power and analogue warmth to it now. :3

Found my Earpods. So so soooooooo happy now~

Since I don't have a multi billion dollar DAC to fix the terrible terrible sound of expensive headphones, I should just stick to my Earpods for better sound over hifi options! :D

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #3,079 of 4,545
Thank you guys for the advice. I will check that first link out today, and see where it takes me.

Get back to us and let us know if it makes sense now or if it's still not entirely clear.

G

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,081 of 4,545
In light of recent events, I would like to nominate the below as an additional moderator. I know him personally as he and his buddies frequent my front yard. He has a good work ethic and shows no favor. And he has excellent hearing, something that can be appreciated on an audio based web site.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #3,082 of 4,545
  In light of recent events, I would like to nominate the below as an additional moderator. I know him personally as he and his buddies frequent my front yard. He has a good work ethic and shows no favor.

Can your friend watch over all the bunnies? They reproduce fast and spread far and wide! Especially as spring is coming!

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,083 of 4,545
  Can your friend watch over all the bunnies? They reproduce fast and spread far and wide! Especially as spring is coming!

We used to have those and chipmunks, the hawks have cleaned them out last year and they have steered clear ever since. The squirrel population has rebounded and now the hawks are back on the job, moderating.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #3,085 of 4,545
Thought some of you guys would appreciate this:

If it was stated somewhere on the Internet, it's all good, right?

The placebophile corollary:

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #3,087 of 4,545
Jan 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #3,088 of 4,545
Wait...

Are you saying that isn't true?

Trust it. It's a random picture on the internet. o(>v0)b

Since ghost peppers have been mentioned regarding improving audio fidelity, maybe someone can experiment with that too if one wants to enjoy music while recovering from illness? :^D

DisclaimerIamnotresponsibleforanyterribleterribleterriblethingsthatmayhappentoyou.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #3,089 of 4,545

Since ghost peppers have been mentioned regarding improving audio fidelity, maybe someone can experiment with that too if one wants to enjoy music while recovering from illness? :^D

DisclaimerIamnotresponsibleforanyterribleterribleterriblethingsthatmayhappentoyou.

Oh, I have some Ghost Pepper ground up powder....

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #3,090 of 4,545

Oh, I have some Ghost Pepper ground up powder....

No. Just no.....

But if you really feel the need to take one for the team in the name of Sound Science, I'll send you some Carolina Reapers and Trinidad 7 Pot Douglahs that I grew and dried. At 2 million scovilles, they're twice as hot as the ghost pepper. Though much like the red book vs. Hi-Rez discussion, I'm sure the difference in your output will not be audible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back