Objective 2 Amp Popping sound
Jul 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #16 of 36
For a second there I thought the thread title said "Pooping" sounds.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #18 of 36
Take the batteries out and measure their voltage.

[edit] In fact, take the batteries and use the adapter to power the amp and check if the popping is still there as well.

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #19 of 36
Okay, I just checked out the batteries. One of them had no power so seeing how I used an AC/DC adapter before so the other battery is fully charged while the other one had nothing. Although I charged it with an AC/AC last night, I'm not sure why it didn't get charged properly. Will charge overnight again on the AC/AC.
Happy to know its not broken or anything :))

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #20 of 36
If the battery still doesn't charge up properly, that could mean you have over discharged it to a point that it has damage the battery (rare in NiMH but it can happen). In such case, you will have to order an identical battery or swap both out with two rechargeable 9V of identical brand. You can take the chance to upgrade to larger capacity 9V if you want to.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #22 of 36
Ok, so it charges on the AC/AC adapter, but theres no sound when I try play with the adapter in.
I changed back to AC/DC and it plays fine. Any suggestions? T-T

That doesn't sound right at all. I think the safest thing to do now is to send the amp back to JDS (assuming you got your amp from them) for check up.

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #23 of 36
umm are you sure it allows using either AC/DC OR AC/AC? it would appear to only take AC input not DC

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #25 of 36
yes AC/AC only, using an AC/DC adapter and feeding the amp DC will kill it or the adapter.

have you tried it with the battery full and charging to see if it works this way? i'm just thinking perhaps the batteries were too flat to power the amp when you tried and just needed to fill up enough first before it could power the amp while charging.

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #26 of 36
I remember reading NwAvGuy said that the amp will still power up with DC power supply, but only if the batteries are in place as one will not get charged but instead being drained in such situation, till the voltage from that battery drop too much and the protective circuit shuts down the amp itself.

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #28 of 36
I am worry that you might have burnt something out. Not being able to power up using an AC/AC adapter is certainly not right. The amp is designed to survive when user plug an AC/DC in, but that doesn't mean it will never get damaged that way. Are both battery still charged up fine? Is AC/AC working fine?

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #29 of 36
It's charging fine, It's sounding as it should but, the only thing is, when I switched the batteries to different slots it worked. When they were in the original slots it made popping sounds. So my guess would be that battery got burnt or something is wrong with it.

Even if I switch the batteries around they making popping sounds on the AC/AC.

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #30 of 36
Yeah, you should definitely send it back for a check up. Something is wrong inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back