Objective 2 Amp Popping sound
Jul 21, 2012 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

xClariS

New Head-Fier
Hi, I got my O2 a few days ago, and it was working fine for the first day.
On the second day i turned it on, used it for around an hour, and it cut off my audio and starting making popping sounds.
I couldnt get the audio to come out so i plugged the adapter and it started working again, until 30 minutes later it cut off my audio again and made popping sounds.

Anyone know what this means? Is it because im using a Razer Carcharias whilst I wait for my Q701. Or is it because im using my Samsung's External HD adapter which says, INPUT: 100-240V~, 47-63Hz, 0.65A Max.
Or maybe the battery?
Would really appreciate an answer. Thanks!

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 36
Normally there's a small 'pop' when it turns off.
As stv says, maybe the batteries need to be charged.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 36
It works for a few seconds now, and then these abnormal popping sounds come in after cutting my audio, like someone is hitting 2 blocks of wood together at a high speed.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 36
Do that happen when the amp is stationary or when it is on the move? If it is the later, it could be that the batteries ain't attached to the secure enough. You will have to remove the battery, make sure both negative (female) clamp of the battery and the battery socket are tighten just slightly so they will not move at all.

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #7 of 36
My guess is the battery is low. 

You remind me of this: To the OP, what exactly is that Samsung adapter you are using? Is it actually an AC-to-AC?

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #9 of 36
Oh, I just checked its an AC/DC Adapter.

Yep, I was thinking that should be the problem. You need an AC/AC (stepdown, basically), not a AC/DC. ODAC takes 14~20V AC. Using an AC/DC means only one of the two battery is charged, resulting in an imbalance in supplied voltage, which makes the popping noise.

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:
Yep, I was thinking that should be the problem. You need an AC/AC (stepdown, basically), not a AC/DC. ODAC takes 14~20V AC. Using an AC/DC means only one of the two battery is charged, resulting in an imbalance in supplied voltage, which makes the popping noise.

Thanks alot for that, was getting scared there for a second. ^__^.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 36
Ok, the adapter i bought has just arrived and I plugged it in for around 30minutes and it's still popping.
Should I keep the amp on until the battery depletes and try recharge or should I just keep it plugged in overnight?

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #12 of 36
First, give us the link to the adapter so we know you didn't order the wrong stuff again. Second, it will take quite a long time to recharge the battery fully, longer than 30 minutes.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 36
Well, then adapter isn't the problem anymore. You just need to charge it up for longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back