O2 AMP + ODAC
Aug 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #1,621 of 5,671
Thanks a ton!  So it looks like my ODAC is working ok but do you know how I can troubleshoot the problem if right now my LED isn't turning on/red when the wall wart and everything else is hooked up?  It was working fine yesterday but for some reason isn't working today.

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #1,623 of 5,671
Completely built JDSLabs.   It's been working fine for the past 7 months until suddenly today.  I did bring it to work in a plastic ziplock bag in the heavy rain.  But I'm pretty darn sure I kept it dry.  I also let a coworker use it but he says it was working fine (with the LED red light working) and I kind of trust him.  I plan on bringing it home to look more into it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #1,624 of 5,671
I dont know how technical you are, I have built several and could tell you to check voltages etc, remove the led, replace etc..but I would just give JDS Labs a call....

John is really pretty good at helping his customers.

Alex

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,626 of 5,671
Thanks ... I'm just getting into the DIY stuff and got some soldering equipment but I'm too green to really be of any help to myself at this point.  I plan on just contacting JDS and seeing if they can help out or if needbe have me send it back for repair.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #1,627 of 5,671
I would like to buy o2 odac combo, I have couple of questions, will I be able to disable DAC functionality and use only amp function ? Since sometimes I just need amp function like listening through my PC d2x sound card. Next among available pre built DAC/amp combo which company do you guys recommend (jds, epiphany, etc) ?

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,628 of 5,671
Quote:
I would like to buy o2 odac combo, I have couple of questions, will I be able to disable DAC functionality and use only amp function ? Since sometimes I just need amp function like listening through my PC d2x sound card. Next among available pre built DAC/amp combo which company do you guys recommend (jds, epiphany, etc) ?

The JDS combo has a 3.5mm input, so you can use it as just an amp and bypass the DAC.

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,630 of 5,671
This might be a stupid question, but under the ODAC settings on Windows 8 (I just upgraded to it yesterday), it gives me the option to output audio at 32-bit, 192 kHz. What exactly happens if I select this instead of the ODAC's native 24/96 resolution?

Actually I just read that. What is "shared mode?"

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #1,631 of 5,671
Quote:
This might be a stupid question, but under the ODAC settings on Windows 8 (I just upgraded to it yesterday), it gives me the option to output audio at 32-bit, 192 kHz. What exactly happens if I select this instead of the ODAC's native 24/96 resolution?

Actually I just read that. What is "shared mode?"

No sound , an error message or something totaly distorded . And 24/96 is just one of the supported samples rates of ODAC (16/24bits   44/48/96 khz) .

Shared mode , should refer to the shared mode of WASAPI . Where everything you play is converted to the bitdepth / sample rate set in the windows mixer .

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,633 of 5,671
Quote:
Hm that's weird. I had the 32/192 option selected and audio plays just fine. No matter which option I choose though, the "test" button never works.

It is probably downsampled by Windows.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #1,635 of 5,671
Hey guys.

DIY related question. How difficult, if at all possible, would it be to increase the current of the amplifier circuitry, ie. to increase the wattage. Is this feasible?

All of O2's competitors have greater output power in terms of watts per channel. I'd be interested in a DIY fix to better drive orthos.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back