O2 AMP + ODAC
Jan 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #706 of 5,671
Quote:
I think its because his normal voltage is 220vac, the ac adapater on JDS site are 110VAC.

There are several European 220vac ac adapters you can find that will meet the ac voltage req's...check the DIY Audio site..

Alex

The voltage at my place is also 220V.
If you'll take a look at the O2 component list, the 220V adapter links are listed for UK/Australia.

For other countries, you can go to  RS Components, Farnell, or Mouser and order there. Anything from 14-20V , >400mA will do.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #707 of 5,671
Well guys ,before hand thank you for some clues.From what i know it seems that it has been receiving 28V for a whole night,but strangely and luckily for me the amp is now working perfectly,as i have been to the electric shop before work ,so i did purchase a pair of normal batteries to see if the amp were working and not damaged,and good for me the amp were working very well with normal batteries.Plus they were kind to let me change the adapter,which now does have a perfect plug size to fit with the amp.Maybe the first adapter ,although difficult to insert into the amp were not having connection with it to be able to recharge the batteries and so neither overfeeding the amp with those 28v.
Anyway i am glad the amp is working,i have been waiting my combo since September....
Best regards
Antonio

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #709 of 5,671
I purchased the O2 and it will arrive in a couple of days, I will be using it with an HRT MusicStreamer II? Will I need an addition cable or accessory, or does the O2 come with everything that's necessary to use it with the HRT MusicStreamer II, headphone, and computer?

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #710 of 5,671
Quote:
I purchased the O2 and it will arrive in a couple of days, I will be using it with an HRT MusicStreamer II? Will I need an addition cable or accessory, or does the O2 come with everything that's necessary to use it with the HRT MusicStreamer II, headphone, and computer?

You will need:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030301&p_id=5436&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

and 

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2

or longer versions. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #712 of 5,671
Quote:
Quote:

You will need:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030301&p_id=5436&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
[...]

Satellite, have you tested those RCA connectors for fit? I know this is an ODAC+O2 thread, but the barrels on that cable are too big for a Matrix M-Stage. It's still a nice cable.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #713 of 5,671
I just got off the phone with someone from JDS Labs to see when my order would be shipping because it was backordered, he said they will be working through the night to get all the orders out :D

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #714 of 5,671
Quote:

Satellite, have you tested those RCA connectors for fit? I know this is an ODAC+O2 thread, but the barrels on that cable are too big for a Matrix M-Stage. It's still a nice cable.

wat. I have a similar RCA -> RCA cable I used MSII -> M-stage and it worked fine so I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #715 of 5,671
Quote:
Quote:

wat. I have a similar RCA -> RCA cable I used MSII -> M-stage and it worked fine so I have no idea what you are talking about. 

I have that exact cable. The RCA connectors on the M-Stage are a little too close together to fit the plastic-and-rubber barrel around the plug at the end of the cable. (This is probably nothing more than an M-Stage problem, but still ...)

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #716 of 5,671
Quote:

I have that exact cable. The RCA connectors on the M-Stage are a little too close together to fit the plastic-and-rubber barrel around the plug at the end of the cable. (This is probably nothing more than an M-Stage problem, but still ...)

And yet, they are not. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #717 of 5,671
Quote:
Quote:

And yet, they are not. 

Maybe they vary in size depending on the length or batch or something. Mine are a tight fit on my DAC and an impossible fit on the M-Stage. I was a little disappointed because it was the only inexpensive, short cable I could find.

In any case, you answered my question. You tested it and reported your results. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back