NYC Traditonal November Meet Saturday Nov. 12th
Nov 11, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #497 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Wow, great Jason, you get to take delivery of your new amp and you'll finally be able to enjoy your new HE90! But he's flying in to hand off in person? That must be quite a shipping charge!
tongue.gif
No really, that's amazing service and a terrific addition to the other manufacturers that will be there. Can't wait!

Lol, I wish... unfortunately he's just bringing a work-in-progress model and the final one won't be done for a while... I think the real guts are pretty done, so this is just a torturious appetizer of what's to come!

Best,

-Jason

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #498 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Hey guys,

Just heard from Justin (HeadAmp) that he'll be coming to the meet. What's the best way from him to get from the airport to the meet and vice-versa? He arrives at LGA at 8:29am and departs LGA at 7:16pm. Cab? Can someone pick him up? He'll be bringing a small/moderate amount of gear (including the new HE90 amp!!!!!) so if anyone could help him out it'd be great!

Best regards,

-Jason

Postscript: in addition to the Aristaeus, he'll be bringing two GS-1, a Gilmore Lite and AE-1. Maybe a Benchmark DAC1

I still have a seat or two in my minivan, so I could pick him (and his gear) up at La Guardia after I collect SiBurning in Queens. I could probably get there around 9:30, if that would be helpful. As for the evening flight, I'm staying for the hyabusa-fest but I won't be an active participant; so I could drop Justin off at the airport after dinner then return to Aaron's in plenty of time to pick up my other passengers.

My mobile number is 646-643-1287. You can contact me between 6:30 and 10 tonight or after 7 tomorrow morning. You can also reach me at work on 973-284-2162 up until 5 this afternoon.

Derek

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #499 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Oh no! now I have no car, guess I have to take the bus.

I should have room for another passenger, provided you don't have much gear! Where do you live? My route currently spans 77th St to 43rd St on the West side of Manhattan, then out to Queens, and maybe La Guardia. I expect to be leaving the post-meet party no later than 9 PM. You can contact me at the numbers in the previous post.

Derek

Nov 11, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #500 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by machead
Is that what we'll be "listening" to at the hyabusa-fest?

LOL, same thought I had when I saw that...
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #501 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Aaron- Will we be able to stop out front to unload, or will we need to carry our things from parking?

Glad you asked. First of all, the hotel consists of two buildings on the North side of Northern Blvd. The meet is in the right (or eastern-most) building.

Also, there is a circular driveway (tiny) right in front of the door which is about 40 steps to the "Salon C" room, where the meet is being held. The National Meet is going to be A, B, and C plus another pre-function area.

There is parking in the back for approx. 30 cars...if that is full you can go to the rooftop parking of the left (western-most) building, where there is parking for 60 cars, and walk over to the next building.

I will be there early, so dropping off your stuff, and parking is no problem.

Don't forget extension cords and power strips. (Did I already mention that?)
icon10.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #503 of 549
Just finished packing about 2 dozen headphones. I'm also bringing a JMT-built M3 w/OPA627 op amps.......it goes well with just about all the 'phones I'm bringing. I'm trying to keep my stuff manageable........one trip oughta do it. See you all tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #504 of 549
I'm leaving in about 25 minutes (work, then straight to NY)

I'm bringing my power strips, but I also have several 50+ foot extension cords. Does anyone need one?

Nov 11, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #505 of 549
Hey, who has the extra HE90? Justin's not bringing my HE90, so it might make sense to keep it with the new amp?

Lol - you don't get that kind of thing every meet =)

Best,

-Jason

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #508 of 549
Who is going by LIRR from Penn Station? If you taking LIRR, lets meet somewhere and go together. Bong and I are going together and we'd love to meet more ppl at Penn.

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #510 of 549
It might be good to post mas transit information for anyone that needs it.

As far as I know, there's a bus that runs up Northern Blvd, and another that runs along Springfield Blvd that starts (I think) at the 165th Street bus terminal, where the Long Island buses stop. I don't know where the LIRR Bayside station is. You could also try:
http://mta.info/
MTA LIRR: 718 217-5477
MTA NYC subway & bus: 718 330-1234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back