NYC Traditonal November Meet Saturday Nov. 12th
Nov 11, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #481 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Hey guys,

Just heard from Justin (HeadAmp) that he'll be coming to the meet. What's the best way from him to get from the airport to the meet and vice-versa? He arrives at LGA at 8:29am and departs LGA at 7:16pm. Cab? Can someone pick him up? He'll be bringing a small/moderate amount of gear (including the new HE90 amp!!!!!) so if anyone could help him out it'd be great!

Best regards,

-Jason

Postscript: in addition to the Aristaeus, he'll be bringing two GS-1, a Gilmore Lite and AE-1. Maybe a Benchmark DAC1

from laguardia he's got about a 15 minute at most cab ride. I'm coming from out on long island, but if you put him in touch with me i'll see what i can do.

Nov 11, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #482 of 549
sorry you guys can't make it! i hope justin brings a stax plug converter, i'd love to hear the lambda pros thru his new rig! i hope the AE-1 gets here tomorrow too so i can pick his brain about the possible new upgrades to it!

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #483 of 549
I received the schwagg box from stevesurf this afternoon, and by the looks of it...everyone is going to get a Panasonic T-shirt and a pen.
Whoever donates the most to help me offsets the costs of the room, will get a special surprise that I received from stevesurf.

Nov 11, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #484 of 549
I just got a PM from Zemo of Z-Audio that he finally squeezed in some time in his very pressured schedule to build some of his amps to send to us, and shipped them a couple of days ago. There's only tomorrow (Friday) to receive them for the meet, so think positive thoughts for their swift and trouble-free arrival!

I'll send an update tomorrow about their arrival.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #485 of 549
how the heck do these meets get so Epic so quickly? only a few more days to go with a ton to stuff to look forward to!

Nov 11, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #486 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
how the heck do these meets get so Epic so quickly? only a few more days to go with a ton to stuff to look forward to!

My neck & shoulders already hurt from the bigger suitcase I'm going to have to carry — and the additional stuff I'm bringing home.

Oy.

It's a good thing the Sippin' Soiree will help lighten my luggage a bit. … and fortify me for the Herculean lug-age home!!!!
tongue.gif

[Actually … it ain't nuthin' compared to what bozebuttons has schlepped to many meets.]

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #487 of 549
I'm hoping you win the 55 pound optonica just so I can take a pic of you doing your best Atlas impression!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #488 of 549
I have two coax cables for the dac fest.

Bringing a cheap DVD player (JVC XV-SA602) as a spare transport or an extra dvd-a source (it does lousy redbook but decent dvd-a).

Does anyone care about an original, unmodded MSB LinkDAC without the 96K add on? If not, I'd rather not carry it. Then again, it might just be useful for a portable DAC shootout while the good stuff is in use for the real DAC shootout.

Generating positive waves here for a swift and trouble-free Z-arrival!

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #489 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I received the schwagg box from stevesurf this afternoon, and by the looks of it...everyone is going to get a Panasonic T-shirt and a pen.
Whoever donates the most to help me offsets the costs of the room, will get a special surprise that I received from stevesurf.

gonna bake us any brownies with cheese cake?

; )

Nov 11, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #491 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Because you live in the greatest city in the world
tongue.gif

P.S. I dropped the HEV90 & Theta data basic & a coax cable to immtbiker last night so he can have it to the meet early as I will be coming after work.

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #492 of 549
Quote:

Just heard from Justin (HeadAmp) that he'll be coming to the meet...He'll be bringing a small/moderate amount of gear (including the new HE90 amp!!!!!) so if anyone could help him out it'd be great!

Wow, great Jason, you get to take delivery of your new amp and you'll finally be able to enjoy your new HE90! But he's flying in to hand off in person? That must be quite a shipping charge!
tongue.gif
No really, that's amazing service and a terrific addition to the other manufacturers that will be there. Can't wait!

Quote:

Postscript: in addition to the Aristaeus, he'll be bringing two GS-1, a Gilmore Lite and AE-1. Maybe a Benchmark DAC1

Cool, I just bought a DAC1 but it's not getting here in time. This way I'll get to compare the unit to other DACs anyways.

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #495 of 549
Cheechos, check back a few pages, i believe there are open seats on the mini-vans.
Aaron- Will we be able to stop out front to unload, or will we need to carry our things from parking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back