NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th Impressions and Pictures
Mar 20, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #46 of 127

Quote:
Thank you all.  Leesure, great pictures, thanks for lugging all your gear out from Pennsylvania, especially that Woo!  Warp08, thanks for taking the time out to take me through all your incredible headphones.  Everyone else, it was a pleasure hanging out with all.

You're welcome.  Maybe you can make the PA meet in May. 

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #47 of 127
By far the most popular thing at the meet was the chocolate platers that Telica made .

I came after work & got to the meet at 1pm ,I was surprised at all the empty tables ,a first for a NY meet ,we could have set it up in one room.
Attendace was high.Gear that was at the meet was worth the price of admission.

Warp08 deserves a big hand of applause for traveling with his wife bringing a floatila of High end gear.

RWA audios isabellina balanced amp driving the LCD2 was dynamic ,punchy & great sounding.I could see buying this amp & being done.

Peter Ps tube amp ,one word to describe it MUSICALITY.I actually listened to this amp the longest( usually don't listen to much at meets),
Home made looking but for $900 sound quality its a steal.
 Always fun talking to members & going out to eat after is also part of the meet experiance.

Thanks to all the vendors who donated gear & discounts at the meet.
UEs table was constantly occupied with members trying out their wares.

Last but not least Aaron for setting up the meet & Ari for filling in for Yikes at the not so silent auction.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #51 of 127
I will move out of the country soon, but I will try to come back and make the fall NYC meet later this year. NYC meet is always very well organized and have a lot of head-fiers coming to the meet to listen all kinds of headphones. Thanks for Aaron and everyone.

Fang 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #52 of 127
xtcriott, hope you got home OK.

Yeah dude, it was a pretty quick ride back. I just tuned everyone else out. Thanks again for the ride!

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #53 of 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2 massive $100 plates of homemade brownies, oreo truffles, chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries, chocolate marble cake, chocolate wafers?

Yea, rub it in.
Those plates were forbidden fruits to someone like myself with lactose intolerance.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #54 of 127

Quote:

Thanks to everyone that came. It seems that every year we are getting more and more people coming without equipment, hoping to hear other people's equipment. We have to change that. 3 years ago we used to fight over table space. We had a barrage of people that showed up at around 2 o'clock with no equipment. Without gobs of equipment, it it just a talking get-together, which is fine, but we can meet in the park and have a bar-b-que and save the $800 for the rooms.
Either that, or we can go back to renting just one room.

I'll second this.  It's a strange trend.  Some people feel that as long as there is one at the meet, why lug another to it...  How sad.

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #55 of 127
Hey, I'm always up for a Head-Fi Barbeque. Maybe it would make the actual meets more productive. :p

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #57 of 127
Thanks to Aaron, Nikongod and everyone who attended and made this meet to drive up all the way from the DC Metro Area.  Some pictures of my gear--unfortunately I didn't get to sample anybody else's because I was tied to my desk pretty much all the time.  Great time had by all, me thinks.  I'll post some more pics of the auction later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back