NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th Impressions and Pictures
Mar 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #122 of 127

Quote:
Yes, I'm 100% biased.

Getting back to your initial post though, sadly not many people listened to my setup. 
I don't know why, but no matter what gear I bring not many people pay attention to my setup at meets.  Maybe I just have a boring setup.  
frown.gif

Really? I listened to your mk1 for a while, and your gilmore with my hd800s. You had one of the best systems there. I even talked with your dad about how he made the headphone stand hahaha

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #123 of 127

Quote:
Wow...thats a beautiful picture. Is that your cat?

Thank you kindly!
Yes, that is my cat.

Back when I had free time I used to take pictures of her:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/towert7/sets/72157594556619384/

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #124 of 127
Hey Tower, my cat looks almost identical to yours. I had to do a double take and look around to see if you were hiding under my bed :D Also, for the brief time I spent talking to you and your parents towards the end, I got the vibe that your parents are really accepting and cool people. Your dad seemed to light when you talked about his cans and I thought that was cool. The headphone stands were very nice, and the only reason I didn't give your setup a listen was because I was scared of it. It looked beautiful and from what I gathered from a few people that did listen to it or know its sound, I knew that if I gave it a listen I was going to go bankrupt searching for a setup like that for myself. Maybe the next meet a catch you at it will be different and I will be a bit less scared, but I agree that it may have been your location, though I thought you had a great location FWIW.

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #125 of 127

Quote:
Hey Tower, my cat looks almost identical to yours. I had to do a double take and look around to see if you were hiding under my bed
biggrin.gif
Also, for the brief time I spent talking to you and your parents towards the end, I got the vibe that your parents are really accepting and cool people. Your dad seemed to light when you talked about his cans and I thought that was cool. The headphone stands were very nice, and the only reason I didn't give your setup a listen was because I was scared of it. It looked beautiful and from what I gathered from a few people that did listen to it or know its sound, I knew that if I gave it a listen I was going to go bankrupt searching for a setup like that for myself. Maybe the next meet a catch you at it will be different and I will be a bit less scared, but I agree that it may have been your location, though I thought you had a great location FWIW.

Aw, that's funny. 

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #126 of 127

Quote:
Ha. I've tried to show him Head-Fi and how to use it.  He's not the best when it comes to using computers sadly, and head-fi still confuses him.

Don't worry...the new HHF (Huddler Head-Fi) confuses most of us. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back