NYC Sony Style Qualia meet PART 2
Sep 25, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #46 of 67
Well my Dynobias Diamond Buffer Board is on the way too, Express Mail, but even though not sure if it will make it by Sunday or not, but we still have the Glassmans low Z ones currently installed, and the original LaRocco one, as spare, that the USPS busted the pins on, I managed to replace them by silver wire, but they are not too secure to travel with them, so what other Solid State we have besides the PPA...?

Sep 25, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #47 of 67
Jahn will bring the Solo which is also solid state.

I'm getting more excited as the time draws near.

Sep 25, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #48 of 67
Another thing I have two pairs of CD3000, do you want to carry both or just one should be enough, honestly I'm interested only in listening the Qualia and the R-10, maybe K-1000, but maye others want to hear the CD3000 as well.....

Sep 25, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #49 of 67
I say bring the 2nd pair.
3000smile.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #50 of 67
Awesome, I'll bring no cans at all then - that will save my back! Yep the Solo is solid state, and even though it's only halfway there in terms of break in, it should provide some contrast to the tube beasts in attendance along with the PPA. For the Fall Meet in november I'll just have to bring over the entire rig and have everyone appreciate what can be done on a tight wife-controlled budget. And yeah that will include the EQ too, whether you guys mind or not
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #51 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Awesome, I'll bring no cans at all then - that will save my back! Yep the Solo is solid state, and even though it's only halfway there in terms of break in, it should provide some contrast to the tube beasts in attendance along with the PPA. For the Fall Meet in november I'll just have to bring over the entire rig and have everyone appreciate what can be done on a tight wife-controlled budget. And yeah that will include the EQ too, whether you guys mind or not
evil_smiley.gif

Just one remark, mine are all stock, no fancy cables, no fancy cups....just plain gray ugly cups, with stock microphonic cable, OK? But I love them that way.....(I have not tried any other neither, but I'm prety satisfied with their sound.....well let's see after the Qualia and R-10, damned!!! I better begin to save money quick) One thing is sure, they have being 24/7 hooked to an amp playing music for months, so they are burn in properly....

Well it seems that I have no other choice that bringing my younger brother as I mentioned before (sorry, but he is the driver) but no problems as he is not too much into headphones (I had failed miserably with him...LOL...) so no worries of ocupating precious space, wearing our gear there.....just a little of physical space there.....but if he find any asiatic lady around, not even that....LOL...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #52 of 67
Heres a list of SACDs I am bringing
1-Blood Sweat & Tears 3 (Mobile Fidelity origional master recording)
A must listen on The Meitner Gear.This is what DSD is all about.

2-Steely Dan Gaucho

3-Bruce Spingsteen Live In NY

4-John Coltrane Blue Train

5-Carole King Tapestry

CD
1- Prince Musicology (Bassmonster Cd to see what the 010s can do)

Sep 26, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #53 of 67
I was going to post something similar, which CDs are you bringing there? CDs, not SACD (as I have no SACDs here, not yet) as you may know I like rock and jazz rock, so any other member that could bring any other copy, will be really appreciated, just for comparison sake, just post a short list, to see if I have any of those here...

Sep 26, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #54 of 67
Don't Ask me how but ,I have seven boxes of gear +3 Headphones + cables.
Gonna get some stares bringing the gear through the store down to the Quaila room.
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #55 of 67
How about IC's, we may need a lot, and I don't have any decent one, who's gonna bring them?

Sep 26, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #56 of 67
I'll bring audioquest diamonbacks - 1 pair. hmm, element ICs, one pair. and a pair of MAgwires nakeds. and my magwire mini to rca cable for the SR-71. plus the grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter again.

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Gonna get some stares bringing the gear through the store down to the Quaila room.
tongue.gif

I think going out will be funnier.

Everybody should bring power strip and cables for their own systems.
wink.gif
That would be most unfortunate if we didn't have any interconnects.

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #58 of 67
Well the ICs I have are regular AR series, nothing fancy, but they work fine, I will bring a pair, but for this task of the Qualia it should be a good cable....IMO....also a power strip.....any other request, any adaptor, I have a few......mini to RCA, mini to 1/4, etc.....

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #59 of 67
Ah ok I'll bring what I need just for my rig, and a spare set of ICs just in case. And the strip to put it on of course!

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #60 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Ah ok I'll bring what I need just for my rig, and a spare set of ICs just in case. And the strip to put it on of course!

If you have nay extra IC's just bring it, it is not too bulky anyway....and thye Cross Corda-1 if someone wants ot try it, needs an extra pair....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back