Sep 22, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #31 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Can I come, or are you at capacity?

...and If so, what should I bring?

Quote:

lan...will I be able to attend?

Hi. You are welcome to come but there are a few things on my mind concerning the planning. This is a more focused kind of meet to check out these headphones. An agenda if you will so there are certain issues we're juggling.

1 - Time. We shouldn't have so much equipment it takes so long to setup/dissasemble. I'm working on getting another hour since we have more people than the last qualia meet. Since parking maybe challenging, I wouldn't want any of us breaking our backs carrying too much.

2 - room. there's not a lot of it. As of right now, there are enough headphones/jacks for everyone minus one (since you're coming on board). So to keep everyone busy, you should indeed bring something.

As for what that is, I'm not sure it should be Omega II because it requires too much warmup time? I think another pair of R10s would be nice. Anything else? hmm..... I'd like to hear the Beyers. The source could make or break the Qualias so we should find a good matchup. Which one has the most bass/impact and body..... I'm thinking Cary 306/200?

Can you summarize the sonic characteristics of your sources?

--Lan

Sep 22, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #32 of 67
Now I'm feeling guilty in trading my beyers before the weekend lol. But what can I say, when the mood hits for the CD3K you have to roll with it! I have a feeling my toshiba/solo combo isn't going to have the magic with the qualias, but the PS-1/HP-1, that might be a different story...

I'll bring Diana Krall Live in Paris, so if anyone else has it, there you go.

Sep 22, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #33 of 67
Quote:

2 - room. there's not a lot of it. As of right now, there are enough headphones/jacks for everyone minus one (since you're coming on board).

I don't want to disrupt the headphone/jack ratio. I will not be attending.

Sep 22, 2004 at 12:24 PM Post #34 of 67
Quote:

Can I come, or are you at capacity?

...and If so, what should I bring?

Bring the R10s,so we will have 2 pairs.I thought about bringing the HE90/KGSS setup but warmup time can be an issue with time alloted.

Sep 22, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

I don't want to disrupt the headphone/jack ratio. I will not be attending.

Nah we could use another pair of R10s and another different sounding source.

Sep 22, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #36 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Meech, are you going to have the 650's with you to compare with on the maestro and Supra?

Hey Tom,

How have you been? Yes, I'll be bringing the 650's with me.

Hey Lan, are you definately bringing your K1000's. I've been wanting to hear a pair of those with my 7 watt 300b amp for a while. I could easily throw the amp in the case also.

Let me know.

Sep 22, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #37 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Hey Tom,

How have you been? Yes, I'll be bringing the 650's with me.

Hey Lan, are you definately bringing your K1000's. I've been wanting to hear a pair of those with my 7 watt 300b amp for a while. I could easily throw the amp in the case also.

Let me know.

Thanks meech. I look forward to your impressions. Wish I was going.

Sep 22, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #38 of 67
BTW my PPA has to jacks in the front, anyway you could use splitters, just get a few of them....

Sep 23, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #39 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Hey Lan, are you definately bringing your K1000's.

Yep I'll be bringing them.

bozebuttons, can you bring your K1000 1/4" cable again? Do you also have a non stock K1000 speaker cable?

--Lan

Sep 23, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #40 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Yep I'll be bringing them.

bozebuttons, can you bring your K1000 1/4" cable again? Do you also have a non stock K1000 speaker cable?

--Lan

I will bring it ,I also have a equinox cable with spades,I will bring that as well.

Sep 23, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #41 of 67
AWESOME!
k1000smile.gif

Sep 24, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #43 of 67
I think this is where I say AWESOME!
3000smile.gif

A tube combo rolled just for the 010 - no pulling punches here...

Sep 24, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #44 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think this is where I say AWESOME!
3000smile.gif

A tube combo rolled just for the 010 - no pulling punches here...

Wait, and how the hell Mikhail knows that those tubes are good for the Qualia's? Don't tell me that we have now another (secret) owner of the Qualias here??? LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #45 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Wait, and how the hell Mikhail knows that those tubes are good for the Qualia's? Don't tell me that we have now another (secret) owner of the Qualias here??? LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually Mikhail has a pair of 010s in his possesion,& tried the Tube combo,
I am listening to the Supra/Meitner setup as I type this with the R10s,Recieved the Supra this morning.
The Cary , Melos,Stan Warren Philips SACD 1000 is packed & ready to go,I will pack up the Supra & Meitner gear tommorrow.In the meantime I am going to put some Hours on the setup.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back