NYC Sony Qualia meet TAKE #2
Oct 3, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #76 of 112
That resistor mod has honestly given the amp BAGS more drive and control and the K-501's now have some seriously good bass..... I ain't kidding either.

Mike.

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #77 of 112
Jahn, who and what is that?
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
From 1968!
And you asked for the light, you shall get the light...
2.jpg

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #78 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
That resistor mod has honestly given the amp BAGS more drive and control and the K-501's now have some seriously good bass..... I ain't kidding either.

Mike.

Hey if it gave the 501 bass, it should help the bass of the CD3K too right? Hmm....

BTW I have no idea who is in that pic, but i found it after Romanee mentioned wanting to see flourescent bulbs on the can...

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #79 of 112
I'm not a fan of CD3000 and solid state in general so it was tough....
tongue.gif
I am now enjoying the Solo with my V6s.

Jahn and Romanee, you guys stay up late haha.

biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #80 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Jahn and Romanee, you guys stay up late haha.

biggrin.gif

Jahn, apparently, does not sleep unless he has a postbot.

Oct 3, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #81 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Jahn, apparently, does not sleep unless he has a postbot.

it's not easy keeping a 20 post/day avg!

Oct 3, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #82 of 112
PinkFloyd -- "real bass" with 501s!? Can't wait to hear. I thought it sounded great with your first round of mods.

That fluorescent guy -- WHOA! Either serious sci-fi or too much acid (talk about retro).

Oct 4, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #83 of 112
Q010_S-red-std-Rt.jpg

My goodness that's a beautiful stand... :::drool:::. I'd probably buy one (or two) in a heartbeat.

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #84 of 112
Photobucket has had a couple of server glitches recently and links were lost. The first one seems to have wiped out entire albums.

Here's the large blue set with stand:

0508_Q010_L-blu-std.jpg

Soft, side closeup of blue:

Q010_L-blu-std-rt.jpg

The "future/retro" red set:

Q010_S-red-std-Rt.jpg

...and the side closeup of red with Lemo connector:

Q010_CableConnect.jpg

Oct 7, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #85 of 112
I really think that lemo connector cable is screaming for an aftermarket mod, something not so microphonic, beefy not not dragging the can down.

Oct 8, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #86 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I really think that lemo connector cable is screaming for an aftermarket mod, something not so microphonic, beefy not not dragging the can down.

Does anybody had find out first, what is inside the cable, and if it was considered as part of the design or not, before trying to replace or "upgrade" it?......We still have the chance to find out, asking Josh, he may have a way of find out.....
Honestly, the Qualia is a very special and expensive product, I don't think that Sony will cut any corner, like placing an average cable on its production, given the price point. If they raise the price to 2700-2800, just for a silver cable, does that will make any difference in the market they are trying to reach, just the sales tax in NYC will cost more, even some of us would pay that just for a single tube???? The R-10 is even more expensive, and no "so sophisticated" or innovative as the Qualia is supposed to be, and some of us had paid for it more...

Oct 8, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #87 of 112
Jahn --

I've posted this closeup photo in a few places hoping that someone with more knowledge that I have (close to zero) would start some discussion (besides the fact that I love the look). The Lemo connector is just begging the question. Kevin Gilmore actually mentioned it first early in Nik's "first Q010 owner" thread. Sovkiller has a good point about asking Josh, but I'll bet some masters of the game are already researching and experimenting. I wonder if Kevin Gilmore has followed his own hints?

Oct 8, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #88 of 112
I just sent a PM to KG asking his thoughts on the cable issue and his possible activity in this regard, or his awareness of same elsewhere. I'll let you know what his reply is, unless he posts it here.
k1000smile.gif
{AKG goofus supremus}

Oct 8, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #89 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
PinkFloyd -- "real bass" with 501s!? Can't wait to hear. I thought it sounded great with your first round of mods.

I'll go one further Romanee..... the type of Bass that you could swear is coming from a pair of external speakers and not from the headphones....... the bootstrap mod basically gives as near to perpetual motion current as you can get and the K-501's thrive on it..... and all this from two 1000ohm resistors! Awesome.

Oct 8, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #90 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I'll go one further Romanee..... the type of Bass that you could swear is coming from a pair of external speakers and not from the headphones....... the bootstrap mod basically gives as near to perpetual motion current as you can get and the K-501's thrive on it..... and all this from two 1000ohm resistors! Awesome.

dont make me have to go buy a 501 lol! awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back