NYC Sony Qualia meet TAKE #2
Oct 9, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #106 of 112
Right - I forgot to mention the exact thing you experienced! When I wrote to Kevin G. I had to say "people have mentioned that the cable is somewhat microphonic" because at the meet I was so intensely focused on hearing the phones, my brain tuned the external sounds out (to some extent) -- and I was sitting very quietly (when I wasn't trying to get in a few hurried, sometimes blurry photos) that I really don't recall hearing any cable noise. That's a good rationale (or instructional detail) for Sony! "The Q010 is so open to external sound, that it is highly recommended for the listener to experience the ultimate sound in an acoustically insulated, non-reflective, isolated personal listening space, in a stationary position seated in one's favourite comfy armchair (or straight-back if that's your chiropractic persuasion)."

Sorry for the lame silliness. It's so hard for me to resist.

Good Night.
k1000smile.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #107 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
for the 010 why not go for the highest detail you can all around? i think that means silver if i'm not mistaken.

One word - OUCH!

You want brighter than the stock 010???!!!

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #108 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
One word - OUCH!

Right? I felt no need for more details, it is IMO pretty detailed, and why not, even a little bright as stock, honestly I didn't understand the Qualia sound to the date, I may need more time with it. It sounded extremelly open, as Peter pointed out, a little hollow to me, like being in a cave, even while it is so open, maybe was the reflexions from the room, who knows? A little bright and extremelly detailed, but at the same time, not seductive at all, in any amp I tried it, it made me feel comfortable listening it. One size, was a lot better that the other two, I think that it was becasue of the proper alignemt with my ear canals, or maybe becasue by coincidence this one was a lot more burned in, than the rest....

Oct 11, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #109 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
One word - OUCH!

Look at me, I recommend silver, then if you look at my rig, everything in it is copper
evil_smiley.gif
I am evil.

By the way, Lan officially has my entire home rig now lol - the PSU1, the Tushie, the Pinkie, the MS-2. Even the ICs I use, the Audioquest Diamondbacks. On suggest of lan, I'm going to check out some other ICs. I just put a payment down on UFOKiller's ICs, we'll see if they help the signal any. When the rig comes home I can try them through my Element II ICs as well. Plus the 3960 is going to have a juicy new powercord attached, so we'll see if that helps things. At this point I have been informed that the amp is the best thing in the signal right now lol - Team Source First? I trust lan's ears - if the cable and the source seem to be slowing the Solo down, I think it's worth hooking the Solo into some of the other sources at the meet to see which has the best synergy. Of course lan is going to take a look at the Tushi to see if we can't do a bit of a nip and tuck to smooth out the midbass/mids tho...

And finally, after all of this, I'm going to have to get my rig down to its purest form. Yep, pare it down to one open can, period. It's going to be either the MS-2 or the SR200 (with HP1000 drivers) coming to town this week, an epic showdown. Could the neutral Alessandro go toe to toe with the legendary neutral creation of Joe Grado? We'll see which one ends up showing its cans at the next meet! And if the Uber-neutral K501 blows both out of the water with the Solo!

Oct 12, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #110 of 112
Verrrrrrrry Interesting.

Oct 30, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #111 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Look at me, I recommend silver, then if you look at my rig, everything in it is copper
evil_smiley.gif
I am evil.

By the way, Lan officially has my entire home rig now lol - the PSU1, the Tushie, the Pinkie, the MS-2. Even the ICs I use, the Audioquest Diamondbacks. On suggest of lan, I'm going to check out some other ICs. I just put a payment down on UFOKiller's ICs, we'll see if they help the signal any. When the rig comes home I can try them through my Element II ICs as well. Plus the 3960 is going to have a juicy new powercord attached, so we'll see if that helps things. At this point I have been informed that the amp is the best thing in the signal right now lol - Team Source First? I trust lan's ears - if the cable and the source seem to be slowing the Solo down, I think it's worth hooking the Solo into some of the other sources at the meet to see which has the best synergy. Of course lan is going to take a look at the Tushi to see if we can't do a bit of a nip and tuck to smooth out the midbass/mids tho...

And finally, after all of this, I'm going to have to get my rig down to its purest form. Yep, pare it down to one open can, period. It's going to be either the MS-2 or the SR200 (with HP1000 drivers) coming to town this week, an epic showdown. Could the neutral Alessandro go toe to toe with the legendary neutral creation of Joe Grado? We'll see which one ends up showing its cans at the next meet! And if the Uber-neutral K501 blows both out of the water with the Solo!

I think you have one further announcement to make
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #112 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I think you have one further announcement to make
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, check the NYC meet thread in the other forum! But I'm looking forward to posting impressions in this forum ASAP after the meet! (of the WNA vs. the Solo oh yeah...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back