NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Dec 16, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #76 of 273
Laugh? Not on your life. I love chocolate babka! I used to really love cheese babka (like a really great cheese danish crossed with a huge brioche). -- YUM!

Dec 16, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #77 of 273
You 2 need to be babkah'd on the head. Cheese or chocolate.
eek.gif

Don't get started on the strudel, now.

Rock the babka....rock the babka

Dec 16, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #78 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
You 2 need to be babkah'd on the head. Cheese or chocolate.
eek.gif

Don't get started on the strudel, now.

Rock the babka....rock the babka

shareef don't like babka. he said it's not kosher!

Dec 16, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #79 of 273
Okay, guys. I ate lots. No more need to discuss feed, thanks.

[size=x-small]Jahn E. APPLEseed -- help with info please:[/size] If it's physically possible for me, I will purchase iPod 40GB tomorrow (maybe at Apple Store Soho??) so I can load a few lossless to carry on plane Friday eve. What must I get with it? (Any idea where to find Sik Din in nearby downtown or midtown.) This is sort of snap decision so I'm not prepared with info on needed accessories (no cute stuff yet).

Dec 16, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #80 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I want to be like you when I grow up, except the "wife being the boss", stuff

I think you're a lot more grown up than me, Aaron. I least you have more grown up toys!
biggrin.gif
Anyway, what kind of grownup generates an 1800 post count in just under two years? You joined Head-Fi ten months before me and have 1000 less posts. Adults have much less time on their hands to spend at Head-Fi and can refrain from the useless post.

I think it is I who should want to be like you when I grow up, not *****whipped, and all.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #81 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Okay, guys. I ate lots. No more need to discuss feed, thanks.

[size=x-small]Jahn E. APPLEseed -- help with info please:[/size] If it's physically possible for me, I will purchase iPod 40GB tomorrow (maybe at Apple Store Soho??) so I can load a few lossless to carry on plane Friday eve. What must I get with it? (Any idea where to find Sik Din in nearby downtown or midtown.) This is sort of snap decision so I'm not prepared with info on needed accessories (no cute stuff yet).

The one bad thing about getting it at the Apple Store is that you'll be forced to use Applecare if there is a problem with it. I wish we had a Best Buy here so we could use their return policy instead! As it is, pick up a Vaja case at the apple store too - that should do in a pinch. They don't carry sik din at J&R but they do carry a pocketdock. dunno if it's in stock tho. also a batt pack would have to be able to be compatible with your ipod case, make sure it will fit!

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #82 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
The one bad thing about getting it at the Apple Store is that you'll be forced to use Applecare if there is a problem with it. I wish we had a Best Buy here so we could use their return policy instead! As it is, pick up a Vaja case at the apple store too - that should do in a pinch. They don't carry sik din at J&R but they do carry a pocketdock. dunno if it's in stock tho. also a batt pack would have to be able to be compatible with your ipod case, make sure it will fit!

GREAT NOTE!!! We DO have a Best Buy -- on 23rd & 6 Ave (SE corner)!!! That solves the "where to buy?" predicament. I guess I will order the Sik Din online from (?) Other World Computing (no kidding!) AT 19.99+ship. Here's their "iPod" search results:

OWC - eshop.macsales.com

interesting ... but never mind...prices aren't much cheaper...

Dec 16, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #83 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I think you're a lot more grown up than me, Aaron. I least you have more grown up toys!
biggrin.gif
Anyway, what kind of grownup generates an 1800 post count in just under two years? You joined Head-Fi ten months before me and have 1000 less posts. Adults have much less time on their hands to spend at Head-Fi and can refrain from the useless post.

I think it is I who should want to be like you when I grow up, not *****whipped, and all.
tongue.gif

I am *****whipped, I just ask her to do it in places where it doesn't show when I go outside. And I might have more toys, but that is why I live in a small apartment and not a house. I'll never grow up.

I think that Jahn-ee Appleseed has the world's record for the most posts in the shortest period of time, on Head-Fi...and I find him to be very mature.
What do I want to be when I grow up? Hmmm...I guess a dirty old man
rolleyes.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #84 of 273
That's the first time anyone's ever called me very mature. On the other hand, that's not the first time someone's called me Jahn-E Appleseed, go figure.

Dec 16, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #85 of 273
Got 4G 40G at BB. Now a-charging. Vaja's site has SOooooo many leather case 2-color combos. Apple store said they only have white or black. I'll wait, review the color combo selections I printed and order at later date. Sik imp on order -- too $$$ for overnite ($33!) -- UPS grnd OK@5.66 -- not for this trip -- darn, wanted to hear via line out (guess I don't have to squeeze in the 501s now). Will p/u an iTrip on way uptown.

4G 40G is heavy but nicely slimmed down.

Tonite (ominous jaws theme in background) ... load up 40G with Lossless & AAC music-for-the-air&asphalt (yellow bird folding sports buds ready to fly).

So -- now we must call you Victor Mature instead of Jahn-E...? Spreading all those posts sounds more like J. Appleseed to me.

Dec 16, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #86 of 273
If a bunch of you guys are carless and coming on the LIRR, from Manhattan, I'd be glad to pick you up at the Bayside station, as long as I can get back, before the guests start arriving (I gave Jeeves the day off). I live on the Queens/Nassau borderline, and it is only 20 minutes from Manhattan.

There is an 11:22 train which gets you in at 11:49, and a 12:22 train which gets you in at 12:49.

The fare is $4.75 each way. I have a mini-van that holds 6 people besides my self and lots-o-gear. I can save you the cab fare.

For anyone coming by car, I am right off the LIE or GCP, and I can give you individual directions. PM me with your phone # and I'll give you a ring.

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #87 of 273
Manhattan-to-Bayside Passenger Applicant No. 1, Here ... Thanks!

[dashing towards office door - will check back later...]

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #88 of 273
If everyone can post what they are bringing, including cans, and cables, I will make a list.
We need more sources, otherwise we are going to have 4 G08's there.

So far all I have is Bozebuttons', Jpelgs', and Jahns' and my list.

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #89 of 273
I'll bring the Sony 555, the HD650's and the Dared 300b amp (if Lan or Stevieo brings their k1000's).

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #90 of 273
I maybe a million miles away but if that's the case I may lend somebody my Stealth and Sharp digital amp (if it's ready with for K1000 since I'm still modding it). One of the my pads on K1000 falls offs so it's kind of delicate so ya'll will have to take good care of that. If not, the glue will stick to you head and then you'll have a bald spot
tongue.gif
I don't have any good 6SN7s for the Stealth though just the stock electroharmonix. Source will probably be my ultraportables, DI/O and GWLabs DSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back