NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Dec 17, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #91 of 273
lan, if you don't mind, I would really like to hear the Stealth (although I would prefer you there). Maybe a fellow NYC-er can do a good deed, and bring it.

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #92 of 273
ManiacSmile...If lan drops out, you are welcome to come.

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #93 of 273
Aaron...What do you mean , you WANT to be a dirty old man?
I will bring..a table, Senn 650s, Stax omegas, Stax lamdas and
THE BOBKA....which by the way, is kosher. If you need the KGSS let me know.
dan

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #94 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I maybe a million miles away but if that's the case I may lend somebody my Stealth and Sharp digital amp (if it's ready with for K1000 since I'm still modding it). One of the my pads on K1000 falls offs so it's kind of delicate so ya'll will have to take good care of that. If not, the glue will stick to you head and then you'll have a bald spot
tongue.gif
I don't have any good 6SN7s for the Stealth though just the stock electroharmonix. Source will probably be my ultraportables, DI/O and GWLabs DSP.

I can bring my K1000s with equinox cables(Spades/or1/4 inch plug)if needed.
I have good 6sn7s to try in the stealth maybe we can use the stealth as a preamp and I will bring 1 of my Bel1001 MKII amps configured for stereo operation to drive the K1000s.
k1000smile.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #96 of 273
count me in on the LIRR shuttle! and grats on the ipod Romanee! best buy is great - hope it goes on the fritz in a year and get the new model!

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #97 of 273
3 weeks to go for the January 30th meet (time flies, and so does RFI
blink.gif
)

I need to know if everyone is still coming, and start a list of what each of you are bringing.

Let the posting...Begin!

I will pm my personal info and directions, for those who are attending the tunes monsoon!

I will have a TT and phonostage, and the Esoteric CDP, that need headphone amps only, to make 2 other setups, besides my bedroom setup, and whatever complete setups, that others will be bringing.
I will have room for 9 source/headphone amp setups, with comfortable seating and standing positions, besides my own.

Dinner (buffet style) will be served between 5 and 6. If people want to bring Scotch or Cognac or whatever, as long as we're careful and mature about it, I don't see a problem with a little mood altering refreshments, for our listening pleasure (unless someone objects).

Jan 8, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #98 of 273
I'm afraid I have to back out of this one, Aaron
frown.gif
. I just accepted a position in NYC this week, and if I can find an apartment, I'll be (hopefully) moving that weekend. It's gonna be a crazy coupla weeks, and audio will have to take a back seat.

Btw, if anyone has any apartment suggestions, feel free to PM the info
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #99 of 273
Congrats Jimmy! Sorry I won't see you there but that's a good reason!

Aaron, the 3960 probably won't be there, since I'll be giving it to 1911 out of pity. But I'll bring both the Solo and the ANT, and the SR200 too. Oh, and everything in my portable rig of course, which includes the SR71. So I hope there's one source there I can bogart for my rig!

Jan 9, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #100 of 273
That's both good and bad news jpelg. Good luck with the move.

I will be making the meet. I'll be bringing my stealth. Not sure what else.

Jan 9, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #101 of 273
Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Jimmy. Good luck on your next couple of moves.

lan...glad to see you can make it, overall. I'll include the Stealth. Let us know what else, when you know.

Jan 13, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #102 of 273
Hi, Aaron -

I'll be there -- like Jahn, via the LIRR Special.

I'll let you know what I'm bringing as soon as I have some re-confirmed commitments and some new ones. For the sake of sourcing some portables, I will bring my 4G iPod 40G w/Sik Imp (lineout), my Tibook 15" 1.25GHz with Sonica USB Blackgates-Lan-mod (better sound than iPod), PortaCorda MkII (still not fully burned-in), ELPAC 24V PS (may re-wire for modular/selectable plugs), Portaphile (somewhat burned-in) ... and I already had commitments from Drew of Shellbrook for all 3 of his amps (SuperMiniMoy, SuperMaxiMoy Signature, and Pimeta Signature); Ray for Hi-gain SR-71 and XP-7; Cesar for possibility of new Portaphile design; Erik(zen) for loan of his SuperMacro -- and I'll also be making overtures to a few mfrs for transportables.

I'll start contacting manufacturers when I finally get home tonight.

Do you care to pick a few slabs of vinyl from the selected list, or not?

Is 5pm the meet cutoff time (5-6 eat...)? Combining portables meet with Qualia meet seemed like a good idea, but we may not have enough time for so much serious comparison.

A nice single malt sounds charming, but ill-advised since alcohol seriously rolls off our aural capacities.

Oh! Of course, after the meet a wee dram would be just keen for non-drivers.

Cheers.

Jan 13, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #103 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
lan...glad to see you can make it, overall.

Aaron, this is just too funny! I think you meant to say "afterall" instead of overall. Unless, of course, you've been tossing and turning at night as you weigh the pros and cons about lan's attendance at your mini-meet!
eek.gif
As Aaron drifts off, thinking "Do I want him to come, or not? Gee, there is a lot to consider... ya, overall, I guess so."

Jan 13, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #104 of 273
No...I meant to say overall. It's a Queens Borough expression, and what not.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #105 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
... and I already had commitments from Drew of Shellbrook for all 3 of his amps (SuperMiniMoy, SuperMaxiMoy Signature, and Pimeta Signature); Ray for Hi-gain SR-71 and XP-7; Cesar for possibility of new Portaphile design; Erik(zen) for loan of his SuperMacro -- and I'll also be making overtures to a few mfrs for transportables.

Just PM me with your address and I'll ship the SM to you the week of the meet (if I don't drop it off myself
wink.gif
). Be aware that it is the standard ($250) model. If for any reason you want to borrow my XP-7 as well, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back