NYC Local Mini-Meet Electrostatic Shootout on 2 days notice
Nov 22, 2009 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
What a bunch of slackers. The meet started 2 1/2 hours ago, there are 4 attendees, and no meet impressions, yet?
Jee whiskers.

In attendance:
Kerry's Homemade 2 box Blue Hawaii
Rays A-10 Thunderbolt II
Jacks Woo's Audio WES (now under the ownership of Larry aka Headphoneaddict, thanks Larry)

Attendees: Kerry; Nikongod ; bozebuttons ; brownielaydee; immtbiker ; then later on, davederek

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 53
still waiting.
o2smile.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 53
Nice pics, Ari! What did you do to mod your ESP950's like that?

Any impressions/comparisons to report?

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #9 of 53
That's it? Looks like you guys were sitting around watching football with headphones on, not having a meet. I'm not sure you even formed any impressions.

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #11 of 53
Pictures say a thousand words. We had a blast.
C'mon, we had 3 of the nicest stat amps in current day existence, we set it up so that we could listen to the same song from the Meridian using the tape loop out on the WES, and each of us using a different headphone while switching off to compare. I threw this meet together in a parking lot 3 days ago, and sandwiches and Long Island Ice Teas were involved. BrownieLaydee's food played an active role in belly satiation.. The headphones were state of the art. It doesn't get any better than that.
The only fluke (beside the one in my closet that measures voltage and continuity) that we had, was when we hooked up my terabyte flac music HD to Kerry's Thinkpad, so he could co-axial out his home built DAC to his homebuilt Blue Hawaii, and we magically lost my external hard drive. It disappeared of of all of my desktops magically into thin air. A couple of reboots and power plug refittings later, and we were back online.
We ended up using my Esoteric DV-50 balanced out to Kerry's Hawaiian treasure, and he flew solo while the rest of us shared musical bliss on 2 very good stat amps.
davederek stopped by for a while, and he had a big smile on his face most of the time (...better than a good day at work).

There was a pretty sunset, and while most other people were doing laundry and buying Halloween decorations, we were in audio nirvana.

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if Kerry hogged his own amp, no one can name a winner ...

Looks like that will be our job
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back