NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - Saturday, November 8th !
Nov 5, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #166 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Will somebody, anybody please bring a Norh Se-9 ? We'll have a selection of K1000 cables and it would be nice to have the Norh along with the RKV & the Grace
wink.gif

I've got the Norh se9 covered, along with an equinox to hook up the K-1000's.

Nov 5, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #167 of 195
Doesn't look like cameras will be a problem as I should have mine as well. Glad to make copies for anyone who wants them.

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #168 of 195
OK, the HeadRoom gear is in the house... including a fully loaded Cosmic Traveler setup complete with Panasonic 580, a Stax 2020 setup, Beyer 880s, Senn 100 & 200s, and the Hearo 999.

Oh, and The Max.
wink.gif
They're also trying very hard to get us a pair of Senn 650s in time. A big shout out to Ivy who got this all together, packed it up and sent it out...

The BlockHead rig is flying in with Tuberoller who will also be bringing a slew of Moon Audio cables.

Todd The Vinyl Junkie has performed miracle #2, (#1 was resurrecting the Grado flat pads) as the Senn 650s & AKG 271s arrived this afternoon
wink.gif
So we'll have one pair for sure, maybe two.

I'll be bringing a Grace 901, JMT PPA, Philips 963 and hopefully a Meridian 507 if it arrives in time. Might bring the Melos prototype as well. I'll also be bringing a bunch of nice ICs, PCs, can cables, couple of PB2100s, powerstrips, extension cords, etc. And my sunny disposition...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2003 at 1:06 PM Post #170 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
So..do we get there a few minutes early to set up or at 1 and after?

John

Due to the fact that we've got to run some AC and unbox a lot of vendor gear I'd really appreciate it if no one showed earlier than 12:30PM. (with the exception of the few that are coming to help setup) It'll just be a lot easier without all the bodies...

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #171 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Due to the fact that we've got to run some AC and unbox a lot of vendor gear I'd really appreciate it if no one showed earlier than 12:30PM. (with the exception of the few that are coming to help setup) It'll just be a lot easier without all the bodies...

Roger that.

Nov 6, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #173 of 195
Got the newly designed Singlepower supra,ppx and totally new
Preamp/headphone amp in house, For their launch at the Ny meet. Looking Real good
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #175 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by mjg
can you advise how you guys are packing your stuff?

Carefully.
tongue.gif

Seriously, original boxes when available, bubble tape around equipment when they are not. Also, I would put your name on all of your equipment, because there may be more than one of some of the equipment.

Nov 6, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #176 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ

Also, I would put your name on all of your equipment, because there may be more than one of some of the equipment.

I don't think I need to put my name on the AKG K270S.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #177 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
I don't think I need to put my name on the AKG K270S.
biggrin.gif

O.k., you got me there.
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #178 of 195
frown.gif
Why does it have to be the day of a band trip. lol Oh well, be sure to get lots of pics!!

Nov 7, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #179 of 195
I'll be a first time NYC visitor, so I'm curious about logistics. My flight arrives at about 10:30am on Saturday at LaGuardia. I'm planning to take a cab from the airport directly to Grado Labs but have no concept of the time/distance of travel. If my flight is on time, would it make more sense to check into a hotel along the way? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Nov 7, 2003 at 4:00 PM Post #180 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
I'll be a first time NYC visitor, so I'm curious about logistics. My flight arrives at about 10:30am on Saturday at LaGuardia. I'm planning to take a cab from the airport directly to Grado Labs but have no concept of the time/distance of travel. If my flight is on time, would it make more sense to check into a hotel along the way? Any recommendations? Thanks!

LaGuardia to Grado's should be 30-45 minutes. A hotel recommendation would be extremely dependent on your agenda, bugdet, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back