NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - May 17th !
Mar 13, 2003 at 2:35 PM Post #181 of 521
Ick. No Rockland County. I grew up there and try and go back as little as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #182 of 521
Well I hate Rockland too, and I live here. But if the meet were here I'd go, I don't NEED the meet to be at Grado labs.

This is all about getting together and listening to gear you might not have heard before, not about where we're going to do it. I've seen a couple of posts saying how it would be a "letdown" if it weren't at such and such. If you feel that way maybe you need to recount your priorities concerning this meet.

Highway's right, we need to come up with some alternatives to accomodatre everyone. So let's all get our heads together and figure this out so we can all have a great time come the 17th.

There's a Big-ass mall up here that has rather large meeting rooms for the community. I've already communicated this idea to Highway, among others, but if this doesn't work we need other ideas.

Let's stop leaving it to one guy and start acting like the community we are.

Mar 13, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #183 of 521
So my Chinese restaurant idea is out? I'm not saying I'm sure it makes sense, but if it's been ruled out I'd be interested in knowing the reason.

If we go with the May/November option, maybe we could divide up into groups based on who's bringing what phones, with the goal of getting a broad sampling at both dates. This might be doable seeing as we're all "reasonble people" (with unreasonable amounts of headphones).

Mar 17, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #184 of 521
Ok, the weekends over. What do we want to do? Do we need an alternative site? Are only some of us going now?. Any ideas for an alternative site?

How many of us are still going even if the meet isn't at Grado Labs?

Mar 17, 2003 at 1:17 PM Post #185 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Ok, the weekends over. What do we want to do? Do we need an alternative site? Are only some of us going now?. Any ideas for an alternative site?

How many of us are still going even if the meet isn't at Grado Labs?

I really have no clue at this point regarding where its going to be held. As for going even if its not at Grado Labs, sure i'd still like to go as long as i can get there.

Mar 19, 2003 at 5:13 PM Post #186 of 521
Ok, We have a community room potentially available to us at the Palisades Center in W. Nyack, NY. The room is huge and can accompany up to 50 people, and from what I understand there are options to set up tables for our gear. Right now the room is available on the 17th of May.

The mall is just on the otherside of the Tappan Zee Bridge. Anyone taking the train from NY would have to take the Metro North train to the Tarrytown station, where I'm sure we can arrange rides for people to the mall.

The room is in a good location, up on the fourth floor away from the regular shopping area, but near bathrooms, etc.

Parking will be as such as it is at a mall on a Saturday. But I'm sure we can get a spot where we can offload the gear at the mall.

It's up to you guys as far as where we're going to have this thing. Let's get some input as far as what everyone prefers and get this meet on the road.

Mar 19, 2003 at 5:20 PM Post #187 of 521
Bill-
The Nyack Mall conference rooms sounds good to me. I don't drive, but your Metro-North suggestion would work.

You can count me in no matter where we have it. I'm new and am looking forward to meeting you guys and listening to the goodies.
John

Mar 19, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #188 of 521
I would like to see Grado Labs. But I'd rather see all the other members and the gear. The Mall sounds like a great idea. I've been to training meetings there. Also plenty of food and breverages near by. I vote for the mall.

Mar 19, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #189 of 521
Just to add for people who may be coming from CT or lower Westchester if we have it at the Mall. I'd assume you'd take the train to the Rye or White Plains stations as well, where again Im sure we can arrange rides to the mall. There are also busses that depart from the Port Authority and all of the aformentioned train stations that go directly to the mall.

Mar 19, 2003 at 6:26 PM Post #190 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
There are also busses that depart from the Port Authority and all of the aformentioned train stations that go directly to the mall.

Even better-thanks Bill.
John

Mar 19, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #191 of 521
Bill,

Count me in!

Great idea, and thanks for taking this on.

Mar 21, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #192 of 521
count me in as a definite to being at the mall. parking will probably suck a bit and getting all of our stuff to the 4th floor (the only parking at the fourth floor level is far away from the room section, if i recall correctly) may be a bit of a tackle but i think it'll work out okay in the end.

also, how much is it going to cost? i'm happy to help with the rental fee.

Mar 23, 2003 at 7:38 PM Post #193 of 521
i'd love to come as i've never been to a head-fi meet before. can someone pencil me in as a maybe? i don't mind may or november, if that plan to split the meet is still on... i would've loved to see the Grado Labs though... oh well. so it's going to be at the Palisades Mall?

here's a list of stuff i could bring (although i'd have be selective about it since i'd feel quite insecure about bringing my whole collection!), although they might be a bit pedestrian:
Grado SR60
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-D66sl
Sony MDR-D11
Sony MDR-E888lp
Sony MDR-E888sp
Sony MDR-EX70lp
Koss Sportapro

Sony D-555
Sony D-777
Sony D-EJ915
Sony MZ-R900
Sony MZ-N505
iPod

cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #194 of 521
Well, I'm obsiously jumping into this thread very late. I would be happy with a bi-annual meet, or the mall thing seems OK, too.
Count me in as a definite for November in NYC (or May if we go that route) and a maybe for the mall... Anyone want a ride from Long Island?
I'd be happy to bring my Tascam DA-P1 portable DAT deck and some tapes for anyone that enjoys live recordings. Aside from that, I'll bring PX200, SR60, HD600, a TAH, maybe my MG Head, and my IKOS ICs.
Bobes

Mar 25, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #195 of 521
As an alternative place to hold the May meet, I checked
out a American Legion Hall in Babylon Long Island.
The hall would meet our needs as far as all members who want to come can Plenty of room for equipment as well as electrical outlets with tables, Bathrooms.

The meet would have to take place on Sun May 18th.instead of
Sat may 17th . Cost to rent the hall is $300.00 12pm-6pm we can split the cost between members who attend.
There is parking for those who want to drive.
People takeing the train can take the Long Island Railroad out
of pennstation to the babylon train station about an hours ride.
The hall is within walking distance from the station about 11/2 blocks.there are places to eat nearby.
I would need to Know by sat 3/29 so I can put down a deposit
to hold hall.
If You agree to this I NEED FIRM COMMITMENTS FROM
MEMBERS WHO WANT TO DO THIS. DO NOT AGREE TO THIS
IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back