NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - May 17th !
Feb 21, 2003 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 521

HighwayStar

Won't excrete urine on your holiday (unless you do so to his first).
The next NYC Head-Fi meet will be hosted once again by John Grado at Grado Labs in Brooklyn, New York on May 17th. Hours will be 1-5PM.

Please post if you plan on attending so we can get a ballpark figure on the headcount. Thanks !

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2003 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 521
I'm going again. I'd have to be dead not to go!
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 521
That's absolutely fantastic of John Grado to host another one, man. Great news!

Grado Labs hosting New York get-together.
Wadia hosting the Michigan get-together.

Seriously, this community is awesome. I was on the phone last night with a Head-Fi member who hasn't logged in in over a year, and he asked me how things are going, at one point asking, "So what is it like now, 50 or so people online at once?" I told him we now have over a hundred concurrently online quite frequently, and between 750 and a 1000+ posts per day, and he couldn't believe it. When I told him about the Nick Dangerous tube send-out, the growing DIY-origin amp industry, all the get-togethers that members have in person (I mentioned the last Grado-hosted meeting because he's a Grado headphones fan), members letting other members borrow their stuff from time to time, the World of Headphones Tour, other industry-hosted get-togethers (like Etymotic and Decibel Audio in Chicago, Experience Audio in Seattle, etc.), he couldn't believe that either. I told him he's in for a shock next time he logs in.

Sorry to go off on a tangent like this, but seeing the things you guys set up is just amazing. Hats off to the members in Dallas, Chicago, New York, the West Coasters and D.C./Va. for running with the concept, and now everyone else (and I mean everyone -- hello, Singapore!) for doing the same.

Again, sorry to go off-topic, but this stuff is great.

[size=xx-small]EDIT (jude) 2003-02-21 13:35 EST -- Tomorrow (or late tonight), I'll put a front page link to this Grado/NY get-together, and other announced get-togethers that might not be up there already.[/size]

Feb 21, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 521
I'm in. (with only relevant hardware
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2003 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I can confidently interpret that as a resounding [size=small]YES ![/size]

biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 521
This time, I'll be there.

Feb 22, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #14 of 521
I don't know, but if it spills out onto the street we could have the first Head-Fi Block Party !
biggrin.gif

I think we hit 20 members last time round and we didn't go beyond one large room. I think it depends on how much gear actually shows up. We set up on the work benches that are in use all week long. While it's more conducive to have everything centrally located, there is the possibility of using additional rooms... & floors...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back