NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - May 17th !
May 14, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #466 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
I think thats a good Idea, at least you will know who you are talking to.Put your Headfi name on top with your real name underneath.Its not so lame.

[size=medium]Great Idea[/size]
match head-fi , real name & face
kind of makes it nice, next time you write a message to someone
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2003 at 6:41 PM Post #467 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by pod-lover
[size=medium]Great Idea[/size]
match head-fi , real name & face
kind of makes it nice, next time you write a message to someone
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm all for name tags. Saves you from the same tedious, "who are you, what's your screen name" conversion over and over.

May 14, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #468 of 521
Well, if everyone is forced to wear one, which might be good to prevent someone from seeking in, (guests that is) then I will play along.

Quote:

i think i'll remember you.. i saw you at the woh tour too, in fact i'm actually standing behind tyll in one of your headphone lust pictures.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/d3338...UUpw.AtTrz2fVw

Which one was you? I had a few conversations with a few people, all of who were very nice, yet I have no clue who was who! You thought you were bad with names!

The weird thing about that meet was that I had my HP-2s with me, and left them on the high-end table for people to use, and no one did!

May 14, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #469 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Which one was you? I had a few conversations with a few people, all of who were very nice, yet I have no clue who was who! You thought you were bad with names!

The weird thing about that meet was that I had my HP-2s with me, and left them on the high-end table for people to use, and no one did!

well, perhaps i misused the word "met" but i was standing at the high-end table and saw a guy with hp-2's and overheard a "kr" when i think you were talking to tyll. i didn't introduce myself though, as i don't think i even had a hundred posts by then and doubt anybody would know me.

woh-tour.jpg

forgive the horrible edit, it's the best i can do with ms paint. notice the grinch t-shirt.
biggrin.gif

i remember seeing the hp-2's sitting there but didn't try them for some reason. i realize now what a stupid move that was considering they are now by far my favorite dynamic headphone.

May 14, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #470 of 521
i'm afraid i can't make it!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

hopefully i'll meet you guys next time. is there still a meet schedulaed for November?

hope you guys have fun!
wink.gif

May 14, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #471 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
well, perhaps i misused the word "met" but i was standing at the high-end table and saw a guy with hp-2's and overheard a "kr" when i think you were talking to tyll. i didn't introduce myself though, as i don't think i even had a hundred posts by then and doubt anybody would know me.

woh-tour.jpg

forgive the horrible edit, it's the best i can do with ms paint. notice the grinch t-shirt.
biggrin.gif

i remember seeing the hp-2's sitting there but didn't try them for some reason. i realize now what a stupid move that was considering they are now by far my favorite dynamic headphone.

Heh, thats KR (in black) right next to you!
tongue.gif

BTW, I like that "go away" gif. Ouch!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #472 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
Heh, thats KR (in black) right next to you!
tongue.gif

yeah, kr to the left of me and you to the right i believe.

in other news i picked up name tags today, they're the "hello my name is ____ " red sticky kind. i think we'll be able to fit both of our "names" onto them.
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 7:20 AM Post #474 of 521
i feel silly asking but i just want to make sure for everyone (especially myself), but the time of this meet is 1pm to 6pm this saturday right?

*just* making sure.
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #475 of 521
Quote:

i feel silly asking but i just want to make sure for everyone (especially myself), but the time of this meet is 1pm to 6pm this saturday right?

*just* making sure.
biggrin.gif

1pm it is. Till 5pm. But they have been known to run a little late...

May 15, 2003 at 2:19 PM Post #476 of 521
I will not be able to attend on the 17th of May (damn finals). Please include me on the list for a Fall meet if there is still to be one.
Bobes

May 15, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #477 of 521
Quote:

bring radiohead and beatles vinyl rips too.
wink.gif

No radiohead vinyl rips...but i do have ok computer, amnesiac and the live recordings on LP, interested in me bringing any of em? I already burned copies of all my beatles vinyl>cd rips, i did cd to cd copies, i aint spending anytime dealing with eac! Expect some other cool schtuff.

very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #478 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
No radiohead vinyl rips...but i do have ok computer, amnesiac and the live recordings on LP, interested in me bringing any of em? I already burned copies of all my beatles vinyl>cd rips, i did cd to cd copies, i aint spending anytime dealing with eac! Expect some other cool schtuff.

i mean radiohead bootlegs, and beatles vinyl rips.
biggrin.gif

anyway, i look forward to hearing some. i'm not sure how we'll be able to hook anything up to grado's vinyl rig as it's in a completely different room and on top of a tall shelf (if i remember correctly) but here's hoping.

May 15, 2003 at 7:47 PM Post #479 of 521
Quote:

i mean radiohead bootlegs, and beatles vinyl rips.
biggrin.gif

anyway, i look forward to hearing some. i'm not sure how we'll be able to hook anything up to grado's vinyl rig as it's in a completely different room and on top of a tall shelf (if i remember correctly) but here's hoping.

If you're talking MP3 rips no, but otherwise John can pipe either his turntable or cdp through either headamps or those fantastic speakers.

May 15, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #480 of 521
Going to start breaking down my system and packing up the gear for the meet .Highwaystar I will be picking up that balanced Valhalla cable for Stax setup tonight.Gotta get busy
I have alot to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back