NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - May 17th !
May 14, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #451 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
A word to the wize guys, There will be a lot of people and Heat from all the gear In a confined area .I suggest you dress accordingly.Members who went to the last meet Know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

You ain't kidding, it was hot ! Won't be any better this time around...

May 14, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #452 of 521
Quote:

word to the wize guys, There will be a lot of people and Heat from all the gear In a confined area .I suggest you dress accordingly.Members who went to the last meet Know what I mean.

should be perfect for a november meet
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #454 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
should be perfect for a november meet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Balls, the last one was November... and it was 98 degrees there...

May 14, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #456 of 521
Quote:

Balls, the last one was November... and it was 98 degrees there...

so beach wear would not be out of place ? ( gotta find that damn touristy out of towner look flower print shirt)

Quote:

You got a problem wit dat ?

huh ? (looks over shoulder) me ?
wink.gif

May 14, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #458 of 521
Do we need name tags?
confused.gif
It's crazy trying to remember names when I'm trying to remember things like Cary 300SEI, Blockhead, etc.

Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
A word to the wize guys, There will be a lot of people and Heat from all the gear In a confined area .I suggest you dress accordingly.Members who went to the last meet Know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

shower + deodorant =
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

Actually I don't recall it being THAT hot last time. I do remember getting lost on the train after though. Aweful experience. The meet was so mind numbing I forgot how to ride the train!
tongue.gif

I'd also like to thank the organizers of this meet. This is truly a great experience being able to try out all this stuff.

Is anybody trading or selling anything?

May 14, 2003 at 1:18 PM Post #460 of 521
(jumps up and down)

It's gonna be like walking into a candy store...i can't wait!

Please wash your ears thoroughly. I'm going to wash my Sennheiser pads since they have lots of dust collecting on them. Maybe the Grado pads will get a wash for the SR100's (comfy and bowl pads). I plan on tagging all my equipment with a piece of masking tape and my name on them. I don't know if you guys did that last time but i think it would be a good idea especially since we will have dupes of several models. If you don't know someones name, or forget, just ask.

wink.gif

I plan on bringing many copies of uh...live cds, so if you guys want anything you see just ask. I'm sure Grinch will grab up the Smashing Pumpkins discs i bring.

biggrin.gif

May 14, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #461 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I plan on bringing many copies of uh...live cds, so if you guys want anything you see just ask. I'm sure Grinch will grab up the Smashing Pumpkins discs i bring.

bring radiohead and beatles vinyl rips too.
wink.gif

oh yeah, i was planning on bringing the "hello my name is:" name tags, but if that's a really lame idea i won't get some. i have trouble remembering many people's names, especially when i know them by username/avatar and not their first name.. plus the head-fiers who don't post often don't really stick out in my mind very easily.

so would it be really lame to bring a "hello my name is ___ and my nick is ___ " nametags?

May 14, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #462 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
bring radiohead and beatles vinyl rips too.
wink.gif

oh yeah, i was planning on bringing the "hello my name is:" name tags, but if that's a really lame idea i won't get some. i have trouble remembering many people's names, especially when i know them by username/avatar and not their first name.. plus the head-fiers who don't post often don't really stick out in my mind very easily.

so would it be really lame to bring a "hello my name is ___ and my nick is ___ " nametags?

extremely lame. I would feel like a dork, even more so than normal
wink.gif
walking around with a name tag. Just ask me, I'll tell you, if you care to know.

May 14, 2003 at 3:56 PM Post #463 of 521
As lame & dorkish as it might appear, I can't think of a better way to avoid confusion. I remember last year when people were walking in...

"Hey how ya doing ? Who are you ?"

"I'm John"

"Yeah great, means a lot, thanks... John who ? What's your Head-Fi name ?"

It was amusing the first seven or eight times...

May 14, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #464 of 521
I think thats a good Idea, at least you will know who you are talking to.Put your Headfi name on top with your real name underneath.Its not so lame.

May 14, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #465 of 521
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
extremely lame. I would feel like a dork, even more so than normal
wink.gif
walking around with a name tag. Just ask me, I'll tell you, if you care to know.

i think i'll remember you.. i saw you at the woh tour too, in fact i'm actually standing behind tyll in one of your headphone lust pictures.

err, you don't have to wear one, but i thought it might be a good idea. i'll try and pick some up after work today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back