NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Mar 2, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #753 of 808
I recently bought a replacement set of real Sony pads for my beloved giant-killer Sony MDR -V6 cans.

Problem is, I can't get the new pads on to the earphone. My situation is somewhat complicated by stroke damage to my dominant left arm, which makes most tasks of this type at least three or four times as difficult as they were pre-stroke.

At tomorrow's meet in Queens, I'd appreciate any advice or assistance from our head-fi.org's collective wisdom/experience.

I'll be wearing a name tag reading "GRBWITT" (my head-fi.org ID) and "George Witterschein" (my name in the real world, if the world beyond headphone audio is infected the real one). And I'll be wandering around looking for generous offers of assistance (you learn not to be proud after you're partly disabled).

Grbwitt a.k.a. George
3000smile.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #754 of 808
I'm sure someone will take a look at it and it'll get done by the time the meet's over.

Ok. I'm requesting anyone that has Shure IEM's that do not use their tri-flanges and are willing to part with them. I apparently have a rip on the 3rd (largest flange) and it doesn't seal correctly anymore. =[ So I'm willing to buy a pair or 2 off anyone that has spare tri-flanges tomorrow. Let me know please.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #755 of 808
Don't worry, George. I'll certainly help you out as I'm sure many at the meet would be happy to. I did a pad replacement on my old 7506s with DT250 pads so I know how much of a PITA they are to get on. I'll be wearing a gray hoodie with "Warrior" on it (it's a motorcycle for those who don't know). I plan on getting there near opening time if you want to take care of it first thing.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #756 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering a raffle addition.

Would you guys be interested in a raffle for a used, but very good condition Sony MZ-R70 MiniDisc player? (Currently on the FS board, but I'll take it down if there's enough interest.)

Anyone?

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #757 of 808
hey thanks guys! Well it was totally flooded this morning, so I didnt pack my soldering iron and solders, ..oh and one "r4" 10k 1/8w as it fell out lol. I really dont need a led do i? because I didnt get a led and resistor for it...

lookin foward to tomorrow
(>'-')>

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #758 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey thanks guys! Well it was totally flooded this morning, so I didnt pack my soldering iron and solders, ..oh and one "r4" 10k 1/8w as it fell out lol. I really dont need a led do i? because I didnt get a led and resistor for it...

lookin foward to tomorrow
(>'-')>

I'll bring some stuff that should cover you. Sounds like we'll have some parts around.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #760 of 808
Wow.. I’ve lost track of time. I haven’t been doing too much with headphones lately. I had forgotten about this meet until just now. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get done what I need to in order to free up the time. At this point it looks unlikely.

Unfortunately there is no way that I would be able to bring down my good source and amp. Since I got the Symposium Isis rack and the Roller Bloc isolation devices my system setup is entirely too time consuming to justify tearing the system down to bring it to along.

If I don’t make it I hope everyone has a great meet.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #761 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone?

Vincent,

It would certainly be generous of you, which is probably why no one is replying. I know it makes me feel like I'm guilting you into to doing it if I think I'd like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #762 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry, George. I'll certainly help you out as I'm sure many at the meet would be happy to. I did a pad replacement on my old 7506s with DT250 pads so I know how much of a PITA they are to get on. I'll be wearing a gray hoodie with "Warrior" on it (it's a motorcycle for those who don't know). I plan on getting there near opening time if you want to take care of it first thing.

Many thanks! You're very generous, Warrior.

I'll be there early too, traffic permitting, and will have a buddy with me from the New Jersey Audio Society. He and I will go to school on you.

grbwitt aka George

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #763 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vincent,

It would certainly be generous of you, which is probably why no one is replying. I know it makes me feel like I'm guilting you into to doing it if I think I'd like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, it's in. The MD player will be included in the raffle.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #764 of 808
Oh we get a treat on Saturday as well. Full lunar eclipe. =] It starts a little before 6 and ends right before 7. =] Bring your cameras.

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #765 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I don’t make it I hope everyone has a great meet.

Ethan, if you don't come, who's going to [size=medium]bellow out [/size](and I quote):

"Everyone, can I have your attention! It's meets like these that make this a great group and if the room doesn't get paid for, we won't be able to have meets anymore. So everyone dig in and give Aaron some money?!"

(...group storms Aaron)

Without you and Tyll there I'm going to have to depend on the food and repair activity budgets getting cut into
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back