NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Mar 3, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #781 of 808
I'm probably not going to go also. I've got a ton of work to do and although it would've been a nice break, I can't really afford getting too tired at this moment.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #782 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Romanee and jjcha,

Bummer guys, sorry to hear that both of you won't be making it. Something tells me this won't be the last NYC Meet...
icon10.gif

Ack, it's 11pm, t-minus 6 hours 30 minutes till I need to be on the road!
blink.gif
Must get to sleep now, I hope I remembered everything.

SLEEP DEEP & HAVE A SAFE DRIVE!!!

Enjoy The Gathering.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #783 of 808
Well, updated my music library on my laptop. All gear is about to be packed up. Weather looks nice, high of 54!!!!!
Sad to see some can't come....... but there is always another time.

PS: Someone is bringing name tags.......... right?
^_^

C-ya soon!

((
basshead.gif
))

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #784 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter, I'm going to miss all your portaphernalia and Machead, I'm going to miss your RKV. What can I say, I have amp envy.

It's Machead's RKV, and puts out an enviable sound — much better than the one we heard at the last (Babylon) meet … well Machead & I heard that one for about 10 minutes … just long enuf not to get a headache. This RKV offers a sweet, lush, nuanced, lucid window deep into the music (with his muse DAC, that is…).

Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably not going to go also. I've got a ton of work to do and although it would've been a nice break, I can't really afford getting too tired at this moment.

Oh! The GH2 Behemoth hath withdrawn back into the forest — and left the playing field wide open!!!

Cheeses. The local clan's fragmented.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #785 of 808
i will have awesomely bad vinyl to pass out to the 3 remaining folks coming.
evil_smiley.gif
i keed! i better start packing up! let's see - Stax stuff, Oppo, portable bits, and spare GHII axe, right? this is going to be the lightest i've ever packed for a meet!

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #786 of 808
m8o is bringing tags and we have a contingency plan if Steve M. drops like the other flies (splat!)
eek.gif

Peter, Jason and Lan (not Ian) and Mac...I can't believe you're going to miss the Cotillion.
Now you're going to have to wait another 18 years to put on your Tux and dance like gentlemen
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #787 of 808
doh lan isn't going either! GHII tourney = CRUSHED. i'm leavin the GHII axe at home. well at least the big lcd will still be there, so i'll bring a copy of Star Wars and we can geek out to the Oppo via the STAX!
evil_smiley.gif

oh and since one controller might get tired after a while, i brought some non-GHII team games - OLD SCHOOL. you'll see when we get there!

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #788 of 808
Dahhh... some poor foresight, and the fact that I now work from 12am-8am means that it's not going to work out for going to the meet tomorrow. I'll probably be kicking myself for it later, but I'm gonna have to back out.

Have fun, chaps.

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #789 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doh lan isn't going either! GHII tourney = CRUSHED. i'm leavin the GHII axe at home. well at least the big lcd will still be there, so i'll bring a copy of Star Wars and we can geek out to the Oppo via the STAX!
evil_smiley.gif

oh and since one controller might get tired after a while, i brought some non-GHII team games - OLD SCHOOL. you'll see when we get there!

No GH??
I'm crushed...

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #790 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
m8o is bringing tags and we have a contingency plan if Steve M. drops like the other flies (splat!)
eek.gif

Peter, Jason and Lan (not Ian) and Mac...I can't believe you're going to miss the Cotillion.
Now you're going to have to wait another 18 years to put on your Tux and dance like gentlemen
frown.gif

My tux probably hasn't fit in 18 years (marriage year), and I never could dance worth a darn — much less like a gentleman.

SPLAT!

I'll be watching…
moveeye.gif
eyescan.gif
eyeball-1.gif
eye2_ani.gif
globemov.gif

…while I'm working hard to relax —
tornado.gif
[gotta ease up on the meds!]

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #791 of 808
Bah, I don't think I'll make it either. Well, I was a tentative yes in the first place, but I seem to be cursed. Every time I want to go to a meet, something comes up and smacks me down. This time, it's ear problems. I'm in no fit state to listen to headphones and form any reliable opinions. Well, at least this is very temporary.

Have fun guys. You've all heard the 404 before, so you're not missing much, other than my charming company of course
rolleyes.gif

I'm looking forward to the impressions.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #792 of 808
Are there any of the other travelers at the Lovely Adria Hotel and Conference Center up for going out for some breakfast this morning? It's looking like Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's or Burger King unless someone has some better ideas.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #794 of 808
Gear packed ,working this morning but will see you guys this afternoon.
icon10.gif

Sorry to hear that some of the NY crew isn't going to make it.
Jason Congrats on you getting married.Was looking forward to hearing your new amp,maybe next time or a electrostatic mini-meet at my place some time in the future.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #795 of 808
Jason got married? My invite must have mis-placed by the Postal Service. I'll just send a check.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back