NY Times Article on Beats
Nov 20, 2011 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

walkman666

500+ Head-Fier
Nov 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 23
interesting article, the only good line was that of Tyll. The rest is bull s**t, a 24 year old producer saying theyre flawless, haha, i wouldnt let him near any music, let alone produce a band's cd. They really are just a fashion accessory.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 23
See them all over NYC, too.  My 13 year old daughter asked me the other day if I had heard of Beats, and if I was going to get a pair (hint-hint, maybe for her, too). I said I had heard of Beats, but that as a headphone snob, I could not buy something like that.  While I have never listened to them, I gotta believe that the headphones I have were likely far superior.  Did not compute for her.

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 23
My retail store requires every employee to push high-end headphones... meaning Bose, Beats, etc. I may no longer be a devout follower of the plush headphone god, but there are limits. Even whores won't kiss on the lips.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 23
I'm guessing Beats spends a good chunk of their dollars on advertising.
Helps cover advertising costs with whoever is selling their headphone.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
I'm guessing Beats spends a good chunk of their dollars on advertising.
Helps cover advertising costs with whoever is selling their headphone.

Actually they advertise very little.  They are a PR machine.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 23
I hate this stuff, because it's sorta depressing with how gullible people are and how easily they will give you their money. Maybe the $500MIllion figure wouldn't hurt so much if we got rid of the Fed and stopped bailing out corporations.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
I hate this stuff, because it's sorta depressing with how gullible people are and how easily they will give you their money. Maybe the $500MIllion figure wouldn't hurt so much if we got rid of the Fed and stopped bailing out corporations.

I had a guy come in yesterday, who wanted to replace his $100 Bose earbuds because one side stopped working. He didn't have a receipt, he bought them over a year ago (with no in-store protection plan), and just acted like an entitled ponce the entire time. And as he left, he made a vague OWS reference (along the lines of "It's cause of stuff like this that people are camping out at banks"). The sad thing, is he wasn't the most inept customer I met that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back