NY Times Article on Beats
Nov 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
I hate this stuff, because it's sorta depressing with how gullible people are and how easily they will give you their money.

yeah tell me about it. i was in a microsoft store (or windows store. can't remember) about 2 months ago and they had some beats headphones on demo. i listened to it and it felt real comfortable. but too much of an airy bass coming out everything and just colored some parts of the song i listen to a lot. then i had my sister try them and told me they were pretty good. i asked the reason and she said it's because they're made by dr. dre /facepalm

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
yeah tell me about it. i was in a microsoft store (or windows store. can't remember) about 2 months ago and they had some beats headphones on demo. i listened to it and it felt real comfortable. but too much of an airy bass coming out everything and just colored some parts of the song i listen to a lot. then i had my sister try them and told me they were pretty good. i asked the reason and she said it's because they're made by dr. dre /facepalm

In all fairness, it sounds like your sister might have interpreted your question to be "WHY are they good?" instead of "WHAT is good about them?"

In which case her answer of their being made by someone familiar with music and recording is justifiable, even if wrong.

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
I had a guy come in yesterday, who wanted to replace his $100 Bose earbuds because one side stopped working. He didn't have a receipt, he bought them over a year ago (with no in-store protection plan), and just acted like an entitled ponce the entire time. And as he left, he made a vague OWS reference (along the lines of "It's cause of stuff like this that people are camping out at banks"). The sad thing, is he wasn't the most inept customer I met that day.

How does the line go "If you don't hate people already, work retail"
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 23

Oh lord...I needed a good laugh today!
Quote:
How does the line go "If you don't hate people already, work retail"
bigsmile_face.gif

The only thing positive I got out of that article was the statement about wanting to make higher quality music available to the public. Sure, Beats may be overpriced (I haven't tried them, I'm disinclined to test any of the ANC models because I tend to dislike anything with ANC - I may at some point at least try them in a store, see what I'm missing 
basshead.gif
; how bad can they really be?), but if their marketing/sales strategy brings production values and the quality of distributed music up; can't knock that. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
I had a guy come in yesterday, who wanted to replace his $100 Bose earbuds because one side stopped working. He didn't have a receipt, he bought them over a year ago (with no in-store protection plan), and just acted like an entitled ponce the entire time. And as he left, he made a vague OWS reference (along the lines of "It's cause of stuff like this that people are camping out at banks"). The sad thing, is he wasn't the most inept customer I met that day.

if he were smart, he would buy a new pair, and do the ol' box of rocks trick

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:

if he were smart, he would buy a new pair, and do the ol' box of rocks trick

Actually, customer service does do a quick check to see if the main items are in the box. Also, rocks tend to be significantly heavier than earbuds, even crap ones.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
Actually, customer service does do a quick check to see if the main items are in the box. Also, rocks tend to be significantly heavier than earbuds, even crap ones.

i meant, replace the brand new item you just bought, with the broken pair and then return claiming they're broken, not literal rocks kirosia

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #23 of 23
Well yes, I guess that would work. But if he had brains in the first place, he wouldn't have spent $100 on Bose headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back