NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013 impressions
Nov 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 68
I also liked hearing Kenman's bass pack and 1W DAC/AMP -- can't remember the thingamajingi's name. The bass pack seems like its perfect for those who have a bad back or want their music to massage them. It's something on my bucket list......

That thing was a Super Duper Geek Out. Thing is great. I hope people enjoyed it. You can still get one as part of there Indie Go Go campaign for the desktop version. 

Light Harmonics Labs Information:
Kickstarter Campaign that ended: http://kck.st/15ApaEh
Indie Go Go Page for Desktop version (currently still running): http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-a-digital-audio-awesomifier-for-your-desktop

The Subpac (http://www.thesubpac.com/) is a great device for a little fun every once in a while. I use it a lot when gaming at home and enjoying a nice listening session after work most days. Just get used to answering the question of how much your vibrator cost. My friends loved saying that till they used it and wanted one themselves.

I think this was a really fun meet up. I came away feeling like I have more great relationships that will begin to grow more and more and it all helps make this hobby even more enjoyable. I can't remember all your names out there, but I cant wait to chat again soon and take a listen to what you get between now and the next meet up.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #17 of 68
Many thanks for all those ,letting me try out my 007's with their amps
Mullet,you did a great job ,and I really enjoyed,this,my first meet
Here are some pics:>
Anyone ,who wants prints of themselves,or,gear--pm me-OK?

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #18 of 68
As always thanks So much for the hospitality. The NY meets really have a unique atmosphere that I really enjoy!

The small tubes on the Cavalli were 6gu7's. A great tip from dbel84. The bigger 12ns7gt tubes have a more spacious sound but aren't as dynamic and don't have the punch and control on the low end.

It's really interesting how audible the tube differences are.

I want to start rolling the Lyr, too. Just what I need, another hobby!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 68
If anyone could fill this out about the Geek Out, it would be greatly appreciated. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9T6YCLX

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 68
What a great time yesterday for everyone there. I submitted my report to audio360.org which will also be posted here with the picture shortly. I had a blast and Mullet did a super job and stepped up. This one of the very best NY meets I have attended and the crowd was super and friendly. Thanks everyone for making this a special day.!!!!

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #22 of 68
A big thanks to the organizers yesterday, it was another awesome meet. Also, thank you to the person who got the pizzas.

Quote:
  What is it??

The little green USB DAC/Amplifier that Ken had set up. Its an amazing little device, it drove 2 300ohm headphones at the same time with ease.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #23 of 68
Ok great
A big tnx,for the pic
I'm thinking of maybe getting this
Is there link
Www.audio.org ?

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #24 of 68
Ok great
A big tnx,for the pic
I'm thinking of maybe getting this
Is there link
Www.audio.org ?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gavn8r/geek-a-new-usb-awesomifier-for-headphones

I believe the device is coming out ~Jan of next year (according to their Kickstarter page), the one at the meet was a prototype.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #25 of 68
I really enjoyed the meet. Glad to get feedback on my headphones, it will be very useful as I continue to revise my designs in the future!

Loved listening to the SR-009's. As is the case every time I listen to them, I'm now that much closer to being $5000 poorer.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #26 of 68
Some photos I got to shoot but should have done more.  It was so busy at my table I also did not get to everything I wanted to hear.  Looking forward to the next local meet.

My Table, the K1000 got a good workout on demo

as did the Astell & Kern AK100 which was a point of interest, thanks again to Mike of American Audiophile for the loaner of this, the Teac 501 gear and Jolida FX10 which sounded great.

My AKG K1000 sounded excellent with this amp

This rig sounded superb.

Equipment galore and a great turnout

The Teac 501 series sounded great and should have gotten more notice but was perhaps overshadowed by the exotic tube gear all around.
 Jack Woo's table was a source of great sound for sure.

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 68
Looks like it was a classic NYC meet, wish I'd been able to make it. Will be trying to attend next year's spring meet, especially if it's the last one being organized by bozebuttons!

Quote:
Many thanks for all those ,letting me try out my 007's with their amps Mullet,you did a great job ,and I really enjoyed,this,my first meet
Here are some pics:>
Anyone ,who wants prints of themselves,or,gear--pm me-OK?

Thanks for the pics, any chance you can label the people in the pics by Head-Fi username? Pics of unknown people just makes me want to know who they are.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #28 of 68
  Looks like it was a classic NYC meet, wish I'd been able to make it. Will be trying to attend next year's spring meet, especially if it's the last one being organized by bozebuttons!

Thanks for the pics, any chance you can label the people in the pics by Head-Fi username? Pics of unknown people just makes me want to know who they are.
wink.gif

Sorry-about that.
This was my first meet,and I did not know anyone there.
I will do my best to try and get their names,and at which table they were in.

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #29 of 68
Looks very, very nice, great set ups and, of course, people, fantastic, thank you Joe ( ESL-1 ) for updating me with this thread, waiting for more impressions.

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 68

wink.gif

Tom said that 4 years ago. LOL It is in his blood and a tradition. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back