NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013 impressions
Nov 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #61 of 68
I got to listen to the Orpheus version, very impressive. I regret not getting a chance to speak with Dude about them when he was at my table listening to my Koss ESP950's. :)

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #62 of 68
How are the koss ,s you have ? Impression?

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #63 of 68
I heard that they produce bass with authority and good soundstage, but do you like the 3d feature and how is the level of detail from this dac/amp?

3D feature not enabled on the Beta Unit.

I'll comment on the detail soon, I wanna spend some more time with it this weekend

I herd it and was pretty impressed by output volume and clarity but wondered if it would be as powerful on a regular windows laptop without killing the laptop port by sucking it dry lol I had a hard time rationalizing that tiny thing doing what it did. Amazing came to mind..

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #64 of 68
As to the Koss ESP950, I find them neutral overall with a reasonably good and open soundstage.  They are comfortable and do nothing sonically that offends in any way.  Having several other electrostatics in my collection I feel that the Koss is a good value at it's street price of approximately $600 new as a complete system.  Koss has a no questions asked lifetime warranty and offers replacement parts at silly prices, earpads are only $5.  I will probably bring them again to the next N.Y. meet so more people can get their ears in on them. 
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #65 of 68
Thanks for responding . It's always amazing to me how much we are willing to pay for items sold by other Manu ,s , as apposed to the similar item at a so much lower price point ...

Thanks

Al D

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #66 of 68
Al, I hope you can make the local Spring meet, I will have them with me.  Will just need to decide what else might be fun to bring along.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #67 of 68
Heads up for NY spring meet here is the link http://www.head-fi.org/t/691862/official-new-york-spring-meet-sat-april-5-2014

Not to derail this thread
Keep the impressions coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back