NY Mets Appreciation Thread
Oct 20, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #137 of 167
What a great year for the Mets. Congratulations to them and I can't wait to see them next year when they are even better.

I'm really depressed about the loss last night, but I'm not disappointed in the season. And that was ONE HELL OF A GAME!

It's silly to blame Beltran for looking at that curveball. That was a great pitch because of the way he set it up with his changeup and he had to look fastball there. It's not Beltran's fault that Wainwright found his curveball in the AB against Floyd. That pitch was crazy. Unhittable in that spot considering his FB and his Change.

This is the beginning of a Met dynasty in the NL. Be happy Met fans. It's a great team.

Oct 20, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #138 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
What a great year for the Mets. Congratulations to them and I can't wait to see them next year when they are even better.

[...]

This is the beginning of a Met dynasty in the NL. Be happy Met fans. It's a great team.

Damn optimists. You really need to learn to focus more the negative side of things.

biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #139 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
It's silly to blame Beltran for looking at that curveball. That was a great pitch because of the way he set it up with his changeup and he had to look fastball there. It's not Beltran's fault that Wainwright found his curveball in the AB against Floyd. That pitch was crazy. Unhittable in that spot considering his FB and his Change.

Maybe, but before the pitcher threw it I turned to my wife and said: "He's going to throw that same pitch again that the got the first batter out looking and I sure I hope that Beltran doesn't fall for it. He's gotta be ready to swing in this situation." My wife said she was thinking the same thing. Then we ended up looking at each other after the pitch and we both said at the same time "Noooooo!"

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #141 of 167
Maybe Beltran wasn't mentally prepared for that curveball (he was probably thinking the pitcher might throw him a ball but it turned out to be a strike, from a pitcher's perspective throwing a curveball when you are ahead in the count was not meant to be a strike), or maybe he is less confident about hitting a curveball.

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #142 of 167
There's a lot of second-guessing we can do, but the fact is that there were no hits since the first inning and Suppan effectively shut us down. If Endy hadn't made that amazing play it would have been 3-1 going into the 9th.

I do agree that Beltran should have at least taken a swing, but, oh well, the team hadn't taken many good swings except for game 4 (and maybe game 2). I heard one commentator on WFAN saying that it was so ironic that all the mets fans were worried about our starting rotation (or lack thereof) and saying that our bats and our bullpen could win it, when it turned out that Maine and Perez pitched exceptionally well in the last two games, while throughout the series, the offense mostly slumped, and Wagner, for example, posted an ERA above 16.

But I still think the season was amazing, and we have a great shot at next October!

Oct 22, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #143 of 167
Congrats Metsies, you guys had a great season, hanging in there despite your pitching woes (the injuries to Pedro/El Duque etc.). On the upside you discovered two young pitchers who can come through under pressure and that's priceless IMO. Best of luck next year unless you play the Yankees of course.

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #144 of 167
best team ever bump. grape fruit league time.

i love how the phillies are talking so much trash... it's going to make watching the mets dismantle them a pleasure. I bought a nice ticket plan ; ). It's so easy to hate #1... Can't blame philly... Why are phili fans so psycho anyway??? They seem so angry haha. The comments myers made about not letting NY fans into the stadium are just too funny.

NY mets fi represent. My favorite team besides the jets. Can't stop staring at metsblog, i'm so pumped up for this...

Perdictions on the rotation? I def think oliver perez and maine are in there.. for the other slots chan ho park/pelfrey/humber, what do you guys think?

Mets still have arguably the best bullpen, one of the best offensive lineups, the best center fielder out there ; ). Yankees who? ; )

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #146 of 167
Go Yankees!!! #27 coming right up.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #147 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by jPoDTGN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go Phillies baby! It's our year.

YEP!

that said, i will silently cheer at mets games for ChanHo Park, he's my man - but not when pitching against the Phillies!

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #149 of 167
i wasn't dissing phillies fans, i just think it's funny how angry some of their players are at the mets for being so good. their's rivalary, then it's rediculousness. How are the phillies going to have a 20 game lead over the mets? Better yet, what's the liklihood they will be in 3rd place. There is high ambition, and then their is arrogant stupidity. Defending Division champs are the top dogs!

: ]

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #150 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YEP!

that said, i will silently cheer at mets games for ChanHo Park, he's my man - but not when pitching against the Phillies!

You from the area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back