NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!)
Nov 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #61 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after quite a few months of use, one side of the cable has a loose connection - sadly I've been unable to get null to response to see if he could repair it... =\

I had that problem with the very early release version. Somehow, his customer service has been dropping ever since he decided to go mass market.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #62 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that problem with the very early release version. Somehow, his customer service has been dropping ever since he decided to go mass market.

He replies to my emails fairly quickly though. Still very disappointed about the whole memory wire thing.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #64 of 115
Bend the wire memory to the angle that fits you most and then use the hairdryer to blow the heat to the wire memory. It will help keep the shape better. Just remember not to hold the hairdryer too near the cable.

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #65 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bend the wire memory to the angle that fits you most and then use the hairdryer to blow the heat to the wire memory. It will help keep the shape better. Just remember not to hold the hairdryer too near the cable.

But this cable only has silicone ear guides and no memory wire. Does it still work then?

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #66 of 115
It's not a MEMORY WIRE!!!!!!!!!! >=( it's a silicone guide. Yes the hair dry would worker, but it annoys me that it can bend and lose the exact loop if i run with these cable. Memory wire keeps them there, and these don't have it.

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #67 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not a MEMORY WIRE!!!!!!!!!! >=( it's a silicone guide. Yes the hair dry would worker, but it annoys me that it can bend and lose the exact loop if i run with these cable. Memory wire keeps them there, and these don't have it.

Exactly. I asked Kevin about whether adding memory wire was possible, but due to design reasons he said it was not doable. Hopefully with more feedback from other users he might consider changing this
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #68 of 115
It's really not that hard to put the memory wire in, then put the silicone guide over....

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #69 of 115
Quote:

It's really not that hard to put the memory wire in, then put the silicone guide over....

Oh well. Is it possible to add memory wire yourself?

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #70 of 115
Tried, but the silicone guide is shrunk on, so there's no room inbetween. I could simply add it on the outside, but then it looks ugly. Would also feel uncomfortable as the wire would be pushing against your ear.

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #72 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see.. What a shame cos I don't think that there are many other cables out there of similar value/quality.

qusp is coming out with some cables. He knows what he's doing. Oh, there's also the Piccolino from Uncle Wilson

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #73 of 115
Quote:

qusp is coming out with some cables. He knows what he's doing. Oh, there's also the Piccolino from Uncle Wilson

Awesome.. Piccolino is way out of my budget.. Can't justify paying that kind of money for cables.

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #74 of 115
I've already sent in my earphones for remolding (2 of them) but now I'm wondering what my options for cabling should be.

If I want to stick to a stock cable, would ES2 or a UE cable be better sonically? I'll have to decide what kind of ports my customs will have soon.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back