NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!)
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #91 of 115
Alright got my cable already, but it came in the standard length and not the 64 inch ones I wanted. Gonna send them back.

Also, when used with my JH13s, the sound gets distorted whenever the cable around the silicone guide/pin area gets touched. Is this normal? Weird cos this never happened with the stock cables.

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #92 of 115
hi, i've looked and looked for somewhere to buy the 22gauge anti oxidizing gold pins. every post that i've seen seams to ignore the question/answer. are they availible and where can i buy a few dozen? i'm using recycled ue cable ends right now and would like an alternative.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #93 of 115
Till now I still haven't gotten any sort of reply/return authorization for the mistake on my order. Best part is that my JH stock cables are falling apart and I still don't have a decent 64 inch replacement cable.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #94 of 115
I just received my Enyo.
If I attach the cable with the dots both away from faceplate, left and right channels aren't the same, one channel would have slightly more forward vocals and the other with stronger bass. However, if I put one dot facing outward and one dot facing inward, I get the same sound from both ears.

The problem is how do i know which dot has the correct marking, as either way of attaching the cable will produce sound, just with completely different sound signatures? Even though both ways can potentially sound 'right', I assume its the one with stronger bass, because it really does make ES3X sound more dynamic, as mentioned in MaoDi's review.

Jan 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #95 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Till now I still haven't gotten any sort of reply/return authorization for the mistake on my order. Best part is that my JH stock cables are falling apart and I still don't have a decent 64 inch replacement cable.

Are you still awaiting response from them? I have been waited 14 days now on how my case is going but so far still no reply or cable. I send back my cable at the start of December. Last I heard from Kevin was around same time.
EDIT: My cable just arrived here this morning and working. Sweet! Reply to my email came the day after but it took long enough for finding way to my inbox.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #96 of 115
Hello, I got my Triple.Fi 10 Pro recently and decided to get a better cable.

1) Is the Lune Cable worth it, or should I just go with the Enyo Cable?

2) How much microphonics is there in the cable?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/nu...e-pics-445070/
^ This person says there is no microphonics, and he posted on 9/13/09

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...25/index3.html
^ This person says you have to take the sleeving off the top part, posted 10/02/09

How much microphonics are there? Has Null Audio updated their cable so that it doesn't have microphonics? Does the Lune Cable not have microphonics? Comparison to Stock Cable?

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #97 of 115
Less than the TF10 stock cable, a lot more than the stock JHA and Westone cable. Re-Read.

Quote:

The Enyo is made of slightly stiffer material compared to the stock JH Audio and Westone cables, therefore the Enyo are not as soft and flexible as the stock custom cables you receive with your monitors. Therefore, the microphonic levels are higher, and touching or moving the cable exerts more noise through your earphones compared to the JHA or Westone cable.

The Lune sounds better than the Enyo, but definitely not 2X. I would only get the lune if you're got an high end custom montors like say a JH13. I would go with the Enyo if it's for the TF10

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #98 of 115
Bought the Enyo for my Triple.Fi that I had remolded...can't wait to test this baby out

Transparent red custom with white Enyo cable...gonna be sweet!

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #99 of 115
After a week of Enyo with my ES3X, I'm back to using the stock Westone cable. I think the Enyo makes the ES3X sound more dynamic and fun, but it isn't as suitable for longer listening sessions. Since Enyo brings out the bass slightly more, it sounds slightly too warm and even a tad muddy when I use ES3X with X1060. Sometimes the Enyo can sound a bit too laid back also, making everything sound too distant for my taste. Lastly, I usually use my ES3X on the go, and the cable creates too much noise when it bounces against the zippers on my clothes, which can get somewhat annoying.

Enyo is a good cable, but the stock cable is just more versatile for me.

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #100 of 115
Mmm just received my cables... had to do a trial and error to find out which side's which...

Anyway the connector pins are much longer than the originals... what do you guys do to cover up the exposed pins? Would appreciate some advice on this
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #101 of 115
Nice review man, I felt the same way. I got the Lune cable for my Triple.Fis however. I love it; a little different than yours (has the soft sheath around the bottom end) but overall, around the same build quality.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #102 of 115
I got a lune cable, and the pins are definitely longer than my stock TF-10 cables. What should I do? Just stick them in with the pins slightly exposed? or should I electric tape it?

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #105 of 115

Quote:
Mmm just received my cables... had to do a trial and error to find out which side's which...

Anyway the connector pins are much longer than the originals... what do you guys do to cover up the exposed pins? Would appreciate some advice on this
biggrin.gif

I used an insulating Tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back