NullAudio Enyo Custom Cable Review (Massive Pics!)
Oct 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #46 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As requested.

Lune on JH13
DSC_3894 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

old (greenish) and new
DSC_3893 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just the Lune
DSC_3892 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hope that helps you buy with some idea of what you would be getting.

Regards

Sceptre

Is there memory wire present? Or are those silicone ear guides (weird how they sell that separately as well)?

Also, is there a cable management 'thingy'? I can't tell from the pics
redface.gif

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #47 of 115
There is a 6cm memory wire element on the cable. Not as stiff as the JH13 unit but that is helpful to me as I needed to switch one of the inputs. I will get a hairdryer on it to make it go the other way.

Cable management - there is a sliding piece of clear memory wire 11mm long to allow the slack wire to be held 'under the chin'. The distance from the Y split is 36cm long, much more friendly than the shorter JH13 standard cable at 31cm. JHA should match this length in my opinion. They should also offer the Null Audio Lune as an upgrade, as I feel it is worth it.

Regards

Sceptre

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #48 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a 6cm memory wire element on the cable. Not as stiff as the JH13 unit but that is helpful to me as I needed to switch one of the inputs. I will get a hairdryer on it to make it go the other way.

Cable management - there is a sliding piece of clear memory wire 11mm long to allow the slack wire to be held 'under the chin'. The distance from the Y split is 36cm long, much more friendly than the shorter JH13 standard cable at 31cm. JHA should match this length in my opinion. They should also offer the Null Audio Lune as an upgrade, as I feel it is worth it.

Regards

Sceptre

So it has memory wire (at the portion over the ears) and a clear silicone guide as well?

Sweet. The cable management thingy is a must for me as I wear monitors with the cable running from my back while I'm playing my instrument.

Also, the guys at null audio told me that this Lune cable won't turn green like others. True?

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #49 of 115
To clear things up. It's not a memory wire but a silicone guide. There is no wire that allows the shaping of the bending part. It's simply a curved silicone loop that lopps over the ear. There is a 1cm hard tubing that manages the cable.

Don't want anyone taking the wrong information!

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #50 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To clear things up. It's not a memory wire but a silicone guide. There is no wire that allows the shaping of the bending part. It's simply a curved silicone loop that lopps over the ear. There is a 1cm hard tubing that manages the cable.

Don't want anyone taking the wrong information!

Ah I see. But do you know why they are selling the silicone ear guides separately as well? Doesn't make any sense for people to buy these and get silicone guides.

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #51 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah I see. But do you know why they are selling the silicone ear guides separately as well? Doesn't make any sense for people to buy these and get silicone guides.

They sell them because it's intended for use on OTHER earphone cables. Say, you like wearing the Monster Turbine over the ear, then the guides will benefit.

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #52 of 115
Quote:

They sell them because it's intended for use on OTHER earphone cables. Say, you like wearing the Monster Turbine over the ear, then the guides will benefit.

They state 'clear colour memory wire' under the enyo product description. Kinda misleading since its not a memory wire but a silicone guide.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #54 of 115
Quote:

Yes it is, i agree. They should put cable guide instead.

You mentioned that the absence of the memory wire could be annoying for some, but is it really problematic when you turn/move your head such that the cable 'displaces'? I would tend to use the cable management thing and wear it running down my back which I'm guessing might minimize this problem?

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #55 of 115
Quote:

You mentioned that the absence of the memory wire could be annoying for some, but is it really problematic when you turn/move your head such that the cable 'displaces'? I would tend to use the cable management thing and wear it running down my back which I'm guessing might minimize this problem?

The problem isn't that the cable displaces, but rather the curve of the guide. The curve doesn't really fit my ears as the loop tends to be in front of my ear rather than around my ear. The cable rests nicely around my ear, but the guide doesn't as it's in a rather fixed position.

I'll see if i can get some pictures up some time.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #56 of 115
Quote:

The problem isn't that the cable displaces, but rather the curve of the guide. The curve doesn't really fit my ears as the loop tends to be in front of my ear rather than around my ear. The cable rests nicely around my ear, but the guide doesn't as it's in a rather fixed position.

I'll see if i can get some pictures up some time.

That's pretty annoying IMO. I can't afford to have something that doesn't fit nicely while I'm playing my instrument.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #57 of 115
Quote:

That's pretty annoying IMO. I can't afford to have something that doesn't fit nicely while I'm playing my instrument.

I got the lune cable for my jh13 and silicone guide or whatever you call it is most annoying thing. It doesn't even stay well on your ears and you can't even bend to shape them around the ears. I run a lot with my IEM and there is no way this cable will work well for me.

Although it produces much grand sound as compared to stock cable, this annoying cable arrangement made me almost sell it.

I just wrapped this silicon guide with soft band aid tapes to make it stay secure but it looks awefully stupid.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #60 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after quite a few months of use, one side of the cable has a loose connection - sadly I've been unable to get null to response to see if he could repair it... =\

my friend has experienced same problem, also he didnt get any reply from Kevin. In addition, they ve sent my remolded westone 3s without cleaning tools, and it almost took 50 days (although he said it ll take maximum 4 weeks) to complete process (from the day they got my earphones). Also, i m not sure but, as i understand, they should have shipped my remolded w3s to me via dhl or at least EMS. He sent my earphones via registered airmail. Also, he sent them to my ex adress although i ve sent him lots of mail about my adress change. It was a terrible experience for me. I ve sent a mail to Kevin about my missing cleaning tools, he said he forgot it and ll send me a new one. it s has been 15 days till this mail. after this mail he didnt reply any of my mails and i couldnt get any cleaning tools. sorry but, they have terrible customer service. i ll never shop from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back