NuForce/Ultrasone UF-30 info?...
Apr 3, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 68
Hmm, just checked out the Nuforce site. Looks like the estimated release has been pushed back a month, until May and the price has been raised from $69 to $79.

Is anyone still interested in these?

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #17 of 68
Aww..price bumped from $69-$79, with jason citing reasons in improvement of fit and finish. Plus release has been bumped from April to May

EDIT: Oops sorry didn't read previous post! Hopefully Nuforce can offer a initial discount like they did with the NE7/8

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #18 of 68
I will be interested after they get released if I am working by then. The concept of the phones is intriguing.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #19 of 68
We maintain a discipline in the way we approve a product for release:
1) The sound quality has to be approved by our in-house golden ear Casey Ng, who is also the VP of Product Development.
2) Prototypes have to be reviewed and approved by a few of our distributors who are also audiophiles. We also use more than one outside independent audiophiles to review each prototype.

UF-30 was tweaked for months. The early version was shown at CES 2009 but was sent back for further refinement. The early prototype was better than any similarly priced headphones but that's not good enough for our standard (because a few audiophiles pointed out some weaknesses). Basically we want the equivalent of NE-7M for the headphone line. NE-7M defines the lowest performance acceptable to us for earphones. Soon, you will be the judge for where UF-30 stands
tongue_smile.gif

May 15, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #23 of 68
I have a sad feeling Nuforce is going to have little success beyond the NE-7. It looks like SoundMAGIC all over again. After their overhyped headphone is no longer FOTM, they slowly die away. No one talks about the NE-8, and we're struggling to hit 3 pages with the new headphone.

However, that may change with what I'm about to post.

A quick Google search of "Nuforce UF-30" yields several results. Towards the top is a link to an audioforum called audiocircle. There, Jason of Nuforce posts that the UF-30 will be ONE OF THE BEST HEADPHONES UNDER $300. Of course, coming from an employee of Nuforce, I don't buy into that too much.

But perhaps this will start some drama and people will talk about these.

May 17, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #24 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would like to hear a definite release date, as well if there's maybe an early adoption price
smily_headphones1.gif

From what I've read, the release date is still set to be late May. But with the month half over already, perhaps we will have the specific date.

Seeing as how both the NE-7 and NE-8 had special rates for their first week, the chances of having a discount on the UF-30 are looking pretty good. Better yet, maybe Nuforce could send a few sample or trial headphones our way.

May 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #25 of 68
Hey, we don't want any drama
smily_headphones1.gif

Headphones is just one of our product lines and we will take our time to plan out the entire range of products in this family.
Nuforce UF-30 has been much improved over what we demonstrated at CES 2009 and I just got hold of a few production samples. It is simply stunning in look and sound. We are expecting to ship around June 8 but expect production to be extremely tight for the entire year.

See UF-30 product page

Also see more photos on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f161/n...8/#post5691383

May 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #26 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, we don't want any drama
smily_headphones1.gif

Headphones is just one of our product lines and we will take our time to plan out the entire range of products in this family.
Nuforce UF-30 has been much improved over what we demonstrated at CES 2009 and I just got hold of a few production samples. It is simply stunning in look and sound. We are expecting to ship around June 8 but expect production to be extremely tight for the entire year.

See UF-30 product page

Also see more photos on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f161/n...8/#post5691383

Thanks for the update, Jason. The pictures are looking great -- and it's nice to have an estimated ship date. I look forward to future updates and eventually the final product!

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #28 of 68
I know it has been asked, but I wanted to know if there was more info. I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com's Nu-Force Store and they were offering the Nu-Force headphones to ship June 30.

I've a pair of Ultrasone's on order and Ultrasone said they would be shipping "soon".

Do the Nu-Force headphones fold? I can' tell from the Amazon.com pics. But I think their is a reference to folding.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #30 of 68
Dear Customers,

NuForce take great pleasure in announcing the release of our UF-30 *headphones. As a promotional introduction, twenty pairs each in *pearl, black or red will be available for $63 at our online Amazon.com store (amazon.nuforce-icon.com).You may pre-order them starting today for shipping on June 30.
At the heart of these lightweight, foldable *headphones is NuForce’s proprietary Ultrasone® drivers for utmost clarity and *tight, deep bass. Briefly put, our UF-30 headphones more than maintain *Nuforce's enviable reputation for*exceptional quality at real-world prices.
Best regards,

NuForce Sales

so there you are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back