NuForce/Ultrasone UF-30 info?...
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

emelius

500+ Head-Fier
anyone have any info about the new NuForce/Ultrsasone collaboration (the UF-30) beyond what was in this morning's e-mail?...

what's the skinny?...

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 68
Uhhh, what was in this morning's email?? I can't see your inbox!
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 68
sorry, on iPhone @ work...no cut/paste....

thought maybe someone else who gets the NuForce newsletter would be so kind...

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 68
Will they have some sort of adapted "in-ear S-Logic"?

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 68
Nuforce Newsletter 3/02/09

"If you have already purchased our NE-7M or NE-8 earphones and are impressed with their sound quality and price, I have good news. We will be introducing our UF-30 headphones in the next few months. NuForce partnered with Ultrasone of Germany to produce the custom UF-30. We expect UF-30 to follow the Nuforce tradition of offering exceptional performance at a unbelievable price of $69. Just like our earphones, UF-30 will be compared to other top quality headphones costing a few times its price."

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 68
So, it's a NuForce headphone? With S-Logic? For $69?

Nice. If they're light years ahead of the RX700, I'll be buying them.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 68
Call me skeptical. Ultrasone partners with Yamaha(HFI 450 = RH10MA) and a few others. The result is usually the same phone whether it be a re-badged 450/550/DJ1 and is usually the same price and same specs. Yamaha RH10MA and the 450 are totally the same specs, housing, and $99 price.

An Ultrasone collaboration and as good as "headphones costing a few times its price"! Gives the impression that $69 might give you a HFI-680/780 level phone( both go for around $200). Until proven otherwise, I'm thinking it is some sort of a re-branded HFI-15.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #8 of 68
Yes, I'm quite pleased with my Nuforce ne-7 for the price. I really hope that they continue their trend of great price/performance ratio cans with the upcoming UF-30. Let's hope that they are not just rebranded cans...Perhaps Nuforce would be kind enough to send out some samples before release?
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #11 of 68
I'm a sucker for budget portable cans (igrados, senn px, koss ksc/porta/sporta), so I'm definitely interested.

However, judging by the aesthetic design, AND tech specs these look a lot like rebranded Ultrasone iCans. Which I imagine didn't sell so hot due to their enormous price tag for their intended use (~$200 shipped via amazon)

Both headphones have "S-Logic" tech, both have same Freq. Range 20Hzto 20 kHz, Impedance 35ohm, and SPL 101dB

Granted, based off the Sample Images on NuForce's site...they look a bit less gaudy. I'm in no way implying these are rebranded Ultrasones that Ultrasone is trying to get rid of by selling it to another company, for all I know..they can be tweaked designs much like Allesandro are to Grados.

For the $69, they seem like a decent portable/entry level headphone. Much better than paying $200

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a sucker for budget portable cans (igrados, senn px, koss ksc/porta/sporta), so I'm definitely interested.

However, judging by the aesthetic design, AND tech specs these look a lot like rebranded Ultrasone iCans. Which I imagine didn't sell so hot due to their enormous price tag for their intended use (~$200 shipped via amazon)

Both headphones have "S-Logic" tech, both have same Freq. Range 20Hzto 20 kHz, Impedance 35ohm, and SPL 101dB

Granted, based off the Sample Images on NuForce's site...they look a bit less gaudy. I'm in no way implying these are rebranded Ultrasones that Ultrasone is trying to get rid of by selling it to another company, for all I know..they can be tweaked designs much like Allesandro are to Grados.

For the $69, they seem like a decent portable/entry level headphone. Much better than paying $200

As a fan of both Nuforce and cheap portable headphones, I really hope that the UF-30 deliver. But those are some interesting observations. Nuforce set quite a high standard with the ne-7, so it would be a huge disappointment if the UF-30 are just rebranded headphones.

Also, I hope Nuforce does better than SoundMAGIC, who recently produced a portable headphone (the P10). For the couple months that it has been out, it has generated virtually no interest - even with the mass amounts of people who purchased their iem, the PL-30. Perhaps it is too early, but it doesn't seem like too many are interested in the UF-30 either.

With the UF-30 set to come out in April, hopefully the price tag along with the brand will attract people. I'll know I'll be keeping an eye on how they are, but it is not quite a day 1 purchase for me.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #13 of 68
These do seem interesting. If I like my NE-7M's I have on order these might be good option for my computer when I need to not wake the house playing games or listening to music.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #14 of 68
I didn't even realize SoundMagic released portable headphones! Would be nice to see a comparison.

IMO, it does make sense that NuForce is starting "small" with an easily-driven headphone..easier to synergize with their Icon and Icon Mobile. But I honestly can't see them being contenders to say anything greater than Grado SR-125s ...but if they do (Nuforce has continually surprised us all with their IEMS and Icon Mobile)..oh man

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #15 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't even realize SoundMagic released portable headphones! Would be nice to see a comparison.

IMO, it does make sense that NuForce is starting "small" with an easily-driven headphone..easier to synergize with their Icon and Icon Mobile. But I honestly can't see them being contenders to say anything greater than Grado SR-125s ...but if they do (Nuforce has continually surprised us all with their IEMS and Icon Mobile)..oh man

Yeah, the Soundmagic P10 is a $25 headphone, while the UF-30 are $70. So I don't know how fair the comparison would be. But the first person to step up and buy the P10 got shipped the wrong item, so it may be a little while before we get a review.

With the estimated release date of April 2009, hopefully we'll be seeing them for sale soon. Perhaps there are some review samples out and maybe we'll see some reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back