Nuforce shipping high performance USB and 3.5mm cables in 2 weeks
Aug 3, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #31 of 70
The 0.5m USB cable and 1m RCA to RCA cable will be available around end of August. We are just getting into the mass market for cables so we can't stock too many color or length.

We can give you some discount for the high-end cables but they are very expensive (well, cheap compare to other very very expensive high-end cables) if you are interested in ordering (email directsales).

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #32 of 70
If you solder the plugs on yourself, the price per meter of the cable is closer to reasonable.  Don't think it'll beat the $8/m Audio Technica cable I can get here which has a similar construction, but I might make up an XLR pair and give them a go.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #33 of 70
Is the RCA to RCA cable a stereo interconnect or just a single RCA on each end?

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #35 of 70
Yesterday (August 6, 2010) I received the loaner USB Cable (1.8 meters) from NuForce. I was very impressed with the looks of the cable and the overall fit and finish is as good or better as I have seen. I proceeded to install it from the iMac to the Isabellina HPA and started listening using Grado RS-1 and both an AKG K1000 and Senn HD580 in balance configuration. The last two were driven via a Signature 30.2 power amp with the Isabellina HPA acting as the source and pre-amp. I am one of those who believes in burn-in so I will log at least 15-20 hours and then compare with my stock (read cheap) current USB cable. For now I can say the sound is very smooth and open, of course these straight out of the box so more to come.

Edit 1: I should mention the cable is not as flexible as my cheap USB cable, which I understand this is due to the additional shielding and the use of techflex as the outmost cover.

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #36 of 70
The cable has about 5 hours of burn in, sound continues to be very smooth and coherent. I have not bee able to do extensive burn-in because the battery in my Isabellina HPA is not holding a charge for very long and will be going back to Vinnie soon.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #37 of 70

Another cable NuForce should have in their lineup is a "Toslink-to-Optical Mini Plug Digital Cable".  I don't know about other devices, but the HDP has a 3.5 mm optical input.  I just ordered one of these for mine:

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #38 of 70

Quote:

Another cable NuForce should have in their lineup is a "Toslink-to-Optical Mini Plug Digital Cable".  I don't know about other devices, but the HDP has a 3.5 mm optical input.  I just ordered one of these for mine:

I'll have to get me one of those.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #39 of 70

Quote:

Another cable NuForce should have in their lineup is a "Toslink-to-Optical Mini Plug Digital Cable".  I don't know about other devices, but the HDP has a 3.5 mm optical input.

For many computers you would need a 3.5mm mini plug to 3.5mm mini plug optical cable then, as MacBooks, iMacs, the Mac Mini and and my HP laptop all have 3.5mm mini plug optical outs. The Mac Pro has toslink out though.

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #41 of 70

Quote:
The Mac Pro has toslink out though.

Yes, so does my Sony desktop and I'd like to use it with the cord I ordered.

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #42 of 70

Quote:

We included an adapter free of charge with HDP if you have Toslink cable. See http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/iconhdp/index.php

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #43 of 70
Aug 16, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #44 of 70
USB is digital, and as with all digital it's either a 1 or a 0.  There is no loss of quality, unless the sound completely drops out.  I can see analog cables mattering, but USB - sounds like snake oil to me.  Same as Optical cables.

I love the HDP.  I'm just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back