Nuforce shipping high performance USB and 3.5mm cables in 2 weeks
Jul 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 70
Jason, just a nitpicking question, for the 3.5mm mini to mini or RCA cable, how many conductors are there after the Y joint for the mini-to-rca (i.e. are there indepdent ground cables per each channel) or is there just 3 conductors (R, L, common ground)?

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 70
Here is what I posted about the Nuforce cables with my impressions in response to a question in another thread:

Quote:
I am not sure whether or not this has been mentioned in this thread, but has anyone got the "high performance usb cable" which is listed on the website as one of the optional accessories? Does it have any noticeable improvement from the stock usb cable? Also, there is another usb cable listed separately on their website for $29.99. Is that the "high performance usb cable"?

Thanks

Lee

I have the Nuforce high performance USB cable, and surprisingly I think that with my best headphones I hear an improvement in micro-detail or transparency with the upgraded USB Cable and 24/96 recordings (or slightly more real and engaging sounding).  But I can't put my finger on what I am hearing, and I have no way of measuring or testing the cable other than noting that it's very sturdy and solid feeling with nice connectors.  

My brain tells me that I should not hear a difference, but for some reason I like the sound with the new USB cable just a little better, like things just open up slightly more.  It's not huge, but I kept hearing the small difference.  Nuforce explains this as reducing transmission errors and noise due to the better shielding and construction, where the cable is also tested to 1Gbps and over-built for the 480Mbps USB 2.0 spec.  When I reviewed a StyleAudio CARAT-TOPAZ a while back, it's 16/44 DAC wasn't resolving enough to hear any improvement with a loaner Locus-Design cryo'd USB cable.  I need to spend more time with this USB cable and 16/44 source music and other DAC's like uDAC, but it certainly isn't going to make anything worse.

I have also tried the Nuforce mini-mini interconnect and the mini-RCA interconnect, and I think they are both very good.  They have good transparency, detail and tonal balance on par with my silver plated copper cables made by barqy and highflyin9.  Their mini-mini cable was also the only one I had in the house that did not act like an RFI antenna when used with an earlier design of the RWAudio Amp1 that I had, when connecting it to my Pico DAC-only (a production amp will be coming soon).  All my other interconnects over 6 inches would act like an antenna with that amp.  So, it was well shielded, as well as sounding transparent.

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 70

Quote:
Jason, just a nitpicking question, for the 3.5mm mini to mini or RCA cable, how many conductors are there after the Y joint for the mini-to-rca (i.e. are there indepdent ground cables per each channel) or is there just 3 conductors (R, L, common ground)?

There are multiple strands of high quality conductors (more strands that some USB cables costing twice as much) and independent grounds.
This is a seriously good cable tested for zero error up to 1Gbps.
Some customer emailed me why the cable is so cheap.  Sigh!  May be we should have triple the price to get some respect :)
We decided not to have fancy connector case or cable jacket to price our cables at reasonable cost so that each uDAC customer will be able to afford one.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 70

Ok, we decided to disclose how the cable was made. The science clearly explained why Larry found that it is the only cable that doesn't act as antenna. Shielding design is critical in noise reduction. We also use high purity OFC cable.

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #22 of 70
Absolutely! Thanks a lot to Jason for not pricing these at crazy $100+ levels.

Quote:
Although I tend to be against the marketing of "high end cables" you can't really argue too much with those prices. My store sells standard value brand USB cables for around the same price and RCA interconnects for the same if not more. For the build quality of these cables, which looks excellent, I'd say it's worth it for the average consumer to go this route rather than the super cheapo terrible made cables or the averagely made big box store cables.

Kudos to NuForce for making reasonably priced / premium build quality cables available to mass market.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #23 of 70

Quote:
Nuforce will introduce a series of very high performance but reasonably priced USB and 3.5mm cables in the next 2 weeks.  

Jason, could you make custom length cables, or do you buy these pre-made?  It would be nice to have the 3.5 mm > RCA in less than 1 meter length.

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 70

Quote:
Jason, could you make custom length cables, or do you buy these pre-made?  It would be nice to have the 3.5 mm > RCA in less than 1 meter length.

x2
same for USB

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #26 of 70
There is a 1/2 meter USB cable available...

>> Impulse USB-AB -0.5M USB cable (type A to B) (0.5m) MSRP $19.95 <<

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #27 of 70

Quote:
There is a 1/2 meter USB cable available...

>> Impulse USB-AB -0.5M USB cable (type A to B) (0.5m) MSRP $19.95 <<

Nuforce: "The selected product combination is currently unavailable."

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #30 of 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back