Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions
May 5, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #332 of 454
Bought it at Lazada.sg at half price (SGD$349).

Using it for one week plus.
Quite impressed with it.
Compared with my previous SE215, the Primo 8 has better soundstage.
It also has better instrument separation.

One minor complaint is that its cable is easily tangled up.
Maybe it is the way I keep my Primo 8.
I coil the cable around my palm and keep the Primo 8 inside a hard (squash-proof) Tupperware container.

May 23, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #333 of 454
I experience one issue:
A few times I notice that my right earpiece will get softer and then produce no sound at all when used outdoors.
This happens randomly.
Unplugging the right earpiece from the cable and then plugging it back seems to solve it.

Yet another issue:
I notice that the blue paint of the earpieces comes off quite easily.
A bit disappointed of the build quality.

May 23, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #334 of 454
  I experience one issue:

A few times I notice that my right earpiece got softer and then no sound at all when used outdoors.
This happens randomly.
I follow the advice of IEM_DOCTOR and tried cleaning the earpieces.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/330163/one-side-of-shure-se530-louder-than-the-other#post_4332871
Hope that this problem will go away.

Yet another issue:

I notice that the blue paint of the earpieces comes off quite easily.
A bit disappointed of the build quality.

Yes, the paint does come off quite easily. I remember babying my Primo 8 and somehow, a little bit of the paint has come off.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #335 of 454
Has anyone tried to put the blue color back where paint had come off?
Using a blue permanent marker?
eek.gif

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #336 of 454
Paint started flaking, the cable broke where the earhook ends, as for the sound I have been maybe living with a defective pair but no bass...
surprising considering the reviews I kept reading... customer service... the worst I have ever seen! Nuforce or Optoma... whatever!

Fortunately for me, I bought it from amazon last year... and wow... these guys have some real customer service! hats-off to AMAZON!

Get rid of it asap... that's my advice!

it'll be interesting to know how many of the initial buyers still have it... I'm talking about people who bought it around the time this thread was started...

Jul 18, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #337 of 454
Hello,

I have owned my Primo 8 for a few months and I am really happy using them with either my iPhone 5 or my DX90.
However, since I like a very neutral sound sometimes, I would like some suggestions to flat them out with an equalizer.
I have seen a lot of frequency response curves around the web, but I am no expert and I do not know which one to use.
Any help please,

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #338 of 454
After reading the review and see the price in sg. I actually quite interested with this. But it seems like having a quite built quality issues which turn me off. Still, I would like to know if there issomeone who's been using it for long time?

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #339 of 454
I have been using the Primo 8 for almost a year. I have always liked thinner to neutral sound signature (B&O H6, AKG 701, Senn HD800, and HiFiman LE-5). Also I bought this to replace my Ethymotic ER-4. I guess that knowledge is critical to gauge my experience with the unit.

1. The color comes off and it is sad. It doesn't bother me much.

2. The sound signature is to my liking. The bass extracted from these depends on the fit and the amplification. Better the amplification, better the sound signature. With NuForce amplification, this tends to be more thinner but Centrance DAC Port and Chord Hugo, it is way better.

3. The cable broke near the mic for me and I replaced it with FIIO cable. This has slightly taken the edge off the headphones and it is musical. I am waiting for a better cable to see if it alters the sound signature.

I personally love the earphone and was thinking about getting a second pair but then decided to upgrade to JH Audio Roxanne. However I will keep these around with me because I know that I will miss the sound signature and will want to use this at some point.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #343 of 454
Fwiw these are on massdrop right now. Will be $299 if a few more will join. Right now I have ety er4's and flare r2pro's. Any comments or comparisons? I'm in at the price. Hoping to get the clarity of the ety's with more body. Or more air and detail than my r2pros. Man this place is costing me a fortune. Haha.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #344 of 454

Have been using for more than one year, no flaking, build quality or anything, basically great sound and accuracy.  forums can be useful but sometimes they are basically troll forums.  Price was too high, but didn't buy them to resell, bought them to listen.  Liked them better than my SShure 415's, which broke, BTW.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #345 of 454
Good to hear. I'm still somewhat torn. I really shouldn't spend that kind of money here at Christmas. At least until I have my wife her presents. We'll see what happens. For now I've cancelled my order. Plus I've found them on Amazon for about $360. I will probably jump back in it looks like it will get to the 10 needed. Would still like to hear some others impressions. Especially if you can compare them to the etymotic er4's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back