Nuforce NE6/7M vs HD555/MDR7506
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cybernick01

New Head-Fier
Hi, before anything, I know nuforce ne-7m are IEM, but i own them, so i'd like a compare against them.
I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones for music and gamming. Dont really care much about isolation. I mostly listen to rock i guess, i really like detailed sound tough, i guess it would be more like a delicated rock. Altough i do like bass, i find that the nuforce ne-7m are quite enough. I also like to play fps games, and was wondering if the hd555 soundstage would really be helpful?(with the CMSS-3D) I will use them on an Ipod touch 3G and on a Creative Soundblaster Xfi Xtreme Gamer sound card.
So, can anyone tell me something about HD555 or 7506 in comparison with the nuforce iem?
Thanks!

PS: sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the NE6 but don't listen to it much anymore since I got a pair of MEElectric iem's. My main "big" phones are Senn 580's (modded) and there really isn't much comparison between them. A decent headphone should outperform an iem in most respects. The soundstage is much bigger (since you mentioned that as a criteria) and detail is sharper, more distinct. My son loves his Senn 555's for gaming (added a mic to the cord) but he doesn't listen to much music with them. Hope that helps.

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Update: I now have a Fiio amp and LOD out of my Gen 2 Nano and my NE-6's are now back at the top of my rotation when I'm going portable. Either they FINALLY burned in or the amp has just opened them up beautifully. They put my other in ears to shame. I'm a very happy camper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back